Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Brian Young

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Brian Young
Ed Falcon
Little Dreamer
Member # 180

Icon 5 posted January 07, 2003 09:49 PM      Profile for Ed Falcon   Email Ed Falcon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had not been to the Atomic Punks site for some time untill just a couple of weeks ago and when i came back to to visit it i had noticed that the Punks have a new guitar player, Russ Parrish. What happened to the original Atomic Punks guitar player Brian Young?

Ed Falcon

Posts: 2 | From: oregon | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 12:32 AM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brian Young plays with David Lee Roth.

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 01:04 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Falcon:
...What happened to the original Atomic Punks guitar player Brian Young?

Ed Falcon

No slight to Russ or Brian, but the "original" Atomic Punks guitarist was Bart Walsh who also left the Atomic Punks to play with David Lee Roth.

BTW, you can catch Brian on guitar Thursdays at Knight Fever shows (see the calendar on this site) and Saturdays in SFV in a funk band called Atomic Dog.

How odd to go from to the Atomic Punks to Atomic Dog, huh?

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2003 07:10 AM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Saturdays in SFV in a funk band called Atomic Dog.

I'm assuming SFV means San Fernando Valley....do you have any more details on this...like the name of the venue?

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

Posts: 88 | From: Southern California | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
bloodrock
Little Dreamer
Member # 151

Icon 2 posted January 10, 2003 12:27 PM      Profile for bloodrock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoCalChelle:
quote:
Saturdays in SFV in a funk band called Atomic Dog.

I'm assuming SFV means San Fernando Valley....do you have any more details on this...like the name of the venue?

Thanks [Smile]

from the la weekly:

B.B. KING'S BLUES CLUB, 1000 Universal Center Dr., Universal City. The three-story room has 350-400 seats. Cover $12-$5. Full bar. All ages (over 21 after 10 p.m.). (818) 6-BBKING.

Sat.- Brian Young , 6 p.m.; "maximum strength blues" from Oscar Jordan & the Mighty Sons of Hercules, 8 p.m.; Slapbak, 10 p.m.

doesn't say atomic dog and hope i'm not misleading anyone, but hope this helps! [Thumbs Up!]

SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2003 08:41 AM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I'll have to check that out. [Smile]

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2003 03:22 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not the Brian Young you guys are looking for at BB King's....different guy. Brian plays Saturdays with the Atomic Dogs out in Ventura at a club call Nicholby's.
SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2003 10:14 AM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha, thanks [Smile]

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted January 13, 2003 10:28 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atomic Bass:
...Brian plays Saturdays with the Atomic Dogs out in Ventura at a club call Nicholby's.

Thanks Joe, for the info [Thumbs Up!]

I was also trying to find out the location of the club to check them out one of these weekends when I'm not at an Atomic80sMetalDucks show [Smile]

[ January 13, 2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: AlbertR ]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2003 08:08 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertR:
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Falcon:
...What happened to the original Atomic Punks guitar player Brian Young?

Ed Falcon

No slight to Russ or Brian, but the "original" Atomic Punks guitarist was Bart Walsh who also left the Atomic Punks to play with David Lee Roth.

BTW, you can catch Brian on guitar Thursdays at Knight Fever shows (see the calendar on this site) and Saturdays in SFV in a funk band called Atomic Dog.

How odd to go from to the Atomic Punks to Atomic Dog, huh?

But Brian by far was the best guitar player the Punks had. No offense to Russ, he is good, but Brian is flat out amazing.

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted January 14, 2003 11:38 PM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart Walsh was pretty damn good too.

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2003 07:26 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brett:
Bart Walsh was pretty damn good too.

Well after seeing them both with the Punks, Bart was a little sloppy at times. Brian is brilliant and his solo compilation was/is magnificent. DLR has the better of the two guitar players for sure. I am not knocking Bart, he's good. He's just not as good as Brian.

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2003 02:39 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To each his own.... [Smile]
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2003 02:49 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I've only had the opportunity of seeing Russ with the Atomic Punks, and he's pretty friggin' phenomenal! Pulls off EVH without a problem. And, just recently I found out that he's a really great guy, too. Very kind and takes the time to get to know his fans. Very cool! [Big Grin]

~Sam

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2003 11:53 AM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samantha#2:
Personally, I've only had the opportunity of seeing Russ with the Atomic Punks, and he's pretty friggin' phenomenal! Pulls off EVH without a problem. And, just recently I found out that he's a really great guy, too. Very kind and takes the time to get to know his fans. Very cool! [Big Grin]

~Sam

I wasn't insinuating any of them are bad people. Russ and Brian are two of the nicest guys I have ever met. I am just purely speaking on terms of their playing. Brian is absolutely the best of the best. I never met Bart but have watched him play. Maybe the few nights I saw him and Russ they had bad nights, but I never ever saw Brian have a bad night.

--------------------

FabShadow
Little Dreamer
Member # 16

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2003 02:50 PM      Profile for FabShadow   Email FabShadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vh_littleguitars:
quote:

~Sam

I wasn't insinuating any of them are bad people. Russ and Brian are two of the nicest guys I have ever met. I am just purely speaking on terms of their playing. Brian is absolutely the best of the best. I never met Bart but have watched him play. Maybe the few nights I saw him and Russ they had bad nights, but I never ever saw Brian have a bad night.
Never really cared much for Bart. I think Russ is Fab but Brian is well... phemnominal!
Posts: 37 | From: Long Beach | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2003 06:58 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FabShadow:
quote:
Originally posted by vh_littleguitars:
quote:

~Sam

Never really cared much for Bart. I think Russ is Fab but Brian is well... phemnominal!
That is all I was trying to say. [Thumbs Up!]

--------------------

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted February 09, 2003 11:53 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atomic Bass:
That's not the Brian Young you guys are looking for at BB King's....different guy. Brian plays Saturdays with the Atomic Dogs out in Ventura at a club call Nicholby's.

Finally had a chance to check out the Atomic Dogs this past weekend, and I have to say that they were a very talented and fun band [Thumbs Up!]

It may have influenced my opinion (a little) that the substitute drummer on Saturday was original Atomic Dogs co-founder Ray Luzier [Big Grin]

If you enjoy funk music a little, you'll like the Atomic Dogs a lot.

I found this unofficial Nicholby's webpage at http://www.mbus.com/clubs/genadm/Nicholby's.Night.Club.htm which gives all the basic 4-1-1 [Smile]

[ February 09, 2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: AlbertR ]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks