Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Anaheim House of Blues, 1/31/03

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Anaheim House of Blues, 1/31/03
Joe
Little Dreamer
Member # 19

Icon 14 posted February 01, 2003 02:44 AM      Profile for Joe   Email Joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from the show. Michael Anthony was there. He joined The Punks on stage after about three songs into the show and after Russ' guitar solo. Mike started "Runnin' With The Devil" by playing his bass with his teeth. Then they also played with Mike: "Hot For Teacher," "Somebody Get Me A Doctor," "You Really Got Me," "Panama," "Light Up The Sky," "On Fire," and "Bottoms Up," and probably one or two more songs that I'm forgetting right now.

Brett and Top Timmy were on-stage shooting some video.

I caught up with Wolfman and Fab Shadow after the show and met Jenn.

Posts: 15 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted February 01, 2003 07:57 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Atomic Punks were already ON FIRE in front of a SOLD OUT show...

...then after Russ' guitar solo Michael Anthony comes out playing the bass over his head thumping out the introduction to RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL [Devil]

... and the crowd WENT COMPLETELY WILD! [Scared]

He played and SANG a shitload of songs with the Atomic Punks (even LEAD VOCALS on Somebody Get Me a Docter). They were all smiling and praising each other the whole time!

It was incredible!! Then Michael goes up to the balcony to check out a few songs, and hang with fans... I saw him shaking hands, signing items, snapping photos with Van Halen fans the whole night! [Big Grin]

Then, during the last song of the set, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF PANAMA, Joe Lester sees Michael on the side of the stage, and hands him his bass!!

AND THE CROWD GOES FUCKING WILD AGAIN!!

Michael does NOT MISS A BEAT, and brings down THE HOUSE (of Blues) with another encore (Light Up the Sky) and then ANOTHER encore (Mean Streets) !!

Yes, this was HOME, and these were some MEAN STREETS!

EVERYONE was having a GOOD TIME, the band, the crowd, the people backstage, the staff, invited friends and family, and especially MICHAEL ANTHONY!

A truly AMAZING NIGHT! [Thumbs Up!]

I hope to post pictures on my VH/DLR links page soon!

I am also looking forward to checking out the videos that were filmed last night. They should be INCREDIBLE! [Eek!]

GOOD TIMES!!

GOOD FUCKING TIMES!!

[ February 01, 2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: AlbertR ]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2003 11:07 AM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else besides Tim and Brett shoot video last night? Or, is the HOB one of those venues that doesn't allow taping as well?

--------------------
51504VH

Posts: 82 | From: San Diego, CA. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2003 11:47 AM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vince, I believe that myself and Brett were the only ones to tape lastnight. Oh, Joe Lester also had his camcoder setup at the soundboard. So we'll see 3 different shots. The video I shot, which albert will attest to, is spectacular! The audio portion is not so hot as the tiny mic on the camcoder can only take so much volume. Thankfully, the Punks have soundboard audio that I will eventually dub into the video.

--------------------
Webmaster
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted February 01, 2003 02:27 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Top Timmy:
...The video I shot, which albert will attest to, is spectacular! ...

Yes, yes it did look spectacular, looking forward to checking out the whole thing soon [Thumbs Up!]

BTW, the HOB has stationary video cameras and them film every show for their in-house monitors (shown above the bars, on the smoking balcony, in the dressing rooms, etc.).

Sometimes they post entire streaming audio and video on the HOB website. I've seen/heard shows by Motley Crue, the Cult, the Violent Femmes, the B-52s, etc., but I don't how they select what is webcast [Confused]

I am not sure if it is just the HOB's choice and/or the artist's choice, but that would be WAY COOL if the house video of last night's Atomic Punks show were also available at HOB.com, it would be GREAT publicity for the Atomic Punks! [Big Grin]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2003 06:06 PM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot describe the scene last night but to say it was unbelievable, I have never seen so many people packed into the HOB in my life. Meeting Mike and seeing him play just a few feet from me was the most surreal feeling in my life, just unreal. [Smile]

All the video I shot was from behind Mike, so I got a lot of the crowd and of course when he turned around, etc.

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2003 10:19 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Brett:
I cannot describe the scene last night but to say it was unbelievable, I have never seen so many people packed into the HOB in my life. Meeting Mike and seeing him play just a few feet from me was the most surreal feeling in my life, just unreal. [Smile]

All the video I shot was from behind Mike, so I got a lot of the crowd and of course when he turned around, etc.

No kidding. The place was packed. My friend tried to get in a 9pm but was sent home as it was sold out. Wow.

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks