Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » High Crime Zone   » LA For Vacation, Looking for Cool Clubs/Bands to see!!!

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: LA For Vacation, Looking for Cool Clubs/Bands to see!!!
Sandman442
Little Dreamer
Member # 523

Icon 14 posted April 07, 2005 02:56 PM      Profile for Sandman442   Email Sandman442   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone! I'm guessing most of you live in CA around Hollywood so hopefully you know where cool clubs are and also some other great local bands to go see.

My girlfriend and I were in LA last Aug for vacation and saw Metal Skool and The Atomic Punks! Love them both! We're coming to LA again, staying at the Wyndham Bel Age right across from the Whiskey, Aug 12th-21rst. I know of the usual places like the Whiskey, Rainbow, Roxy, Viper Room, Club Vodka, but can anyone lead me to some other bars/clubs that might be worth checking out? How bout some other local bands that kick ass? I'm into 80's Metal, Motley Crue, Skid Row, Warrant, Dokken, Gn'R, Ozzy, stuff like that. I know Motley Priest is another 80's Metal Tribute band but can't seem to come across any dates scheduled. Also know of the Cat Club but can't find any info on them, can't even find a website (I don't think they have one!) I think Club Vodka and The Cat Club always have cool bands playing on Thursday nights, right?

Anything, maybe not even music related, that is a must see????

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Dave

Posts: 3 | From: Orland Park, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted April 09, 2005 07:50 AM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just go see Metal Skool again. They are the best at what they do.

http://metalskoolrocks.com/

Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jason
Little Dreamer
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 10:13 AM      Profile for jason   Email jason   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
august is a long way out from now dude...but i agree with metal skool. always a must. they should be on a "things to see" list for southern california. who knows, maybe the punks will be playing right across the street from ya in august at the wiskey

--------------------
nothin' but yeah!

Posts: 38 | From: san diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sandman442
Little Dreamer
Member # 523

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 10:21 AM      Profile for Sandman442   Email Sandman442   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jason:
august is a long way out from now dude...but i agree with metal skool. always a must. they should be on a "things to see" list for southern california. who knows, maybe the punks will be playing right across the street from ya in august at the wiskey

The Punks are playing at the Whiskey the first Saturday I'm there!!!

Later,
Dave

Posts: 3 | From: Orland Park, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
jason
Little Dreamer
Member # 99

Icon 14 posted April 20, 2005 01:22 PM      Profile for jason   Email jason   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well RAWK!!! theres your first show for your cali tour than...now add some metal skool along with a couple of local bands and you got a full calendar...

--------------------
nothin' but yeah!

Posts: 38 | From: san diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks