Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » High Crime Zone   » 20 years ago today

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: 20 years ago today
sumthinfierce
Little Dreamer
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2005 08:55 AM      Profile for sumthinfierce   Author's Homepage   Email sumthinfierce   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to believe that it was 20 years ago today that David Lee Roth left Van Halen.
Posts: 2 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 06:50 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Has it really been that long? Man, that really dates me.....
Sneaky
Little Dreamer
Member # 522

Icon 1 posted April 04, 2005 11:34 PM      Profile for Sneaky   Author's Homepage   Email Sneaky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes me wish I was born in the 60s. I really really hate my birthday. I feel like I don't belong in this current musical "culture".. I grew up listening to (my first experience with music actually) was the Balance record with Sammy.. so i really wasn't exposed to DLR until i listened to a tape of 1984...then i was hooked on both sides. Let's not even talk about that fag from Extreme..jesus what a tragedy..Wasn't he gay also?

GO VAN HALEN

Posts: 17 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2005 11:47 AM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Sneaky!!

I checked your birthday, wow! You are just a baby! I'm so jealous! I'm going to be 36 this June... [Frown]

Oh well....life goes on. You should be thankful you are so young! [Wink]

DC
Romeo Delight
Member # 407

Icon 9 posted April 14, 2005 10:35 AM      Profile for DC   Email DC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im with you Samantha. I turn 34 this year.

/cry

[Frown]

DC

Posts: 41 | From: Chandler, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sneaky
Little Dreamer
Member # 522

Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 02:55 PM      Profile for Sneaky   Author's Homepage   Email Sneaky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys should be happy!!! I know this is coming from a 16-year-old's point of view, but just hear me out [Razz]

You guys grew up in THE BEST musical era this world has ever seen. So many pioneers of rock came from that time period. Some of you were probably lucky enough to see some of these guys! (Van Halen, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Doobie Brothers, Styx, Journey, CCR, Steppenwolf, AC/DC, Steve Miller Band, Bruce Springsteen, ETC!!!) All of these guys are just AWESOME! I would pay alot of money to travel back in time to see all of them..

I know you feel "old" but you got the best music this world will probably ever offer.. I should be the one /crying [Razz]

I hope I made my point clearly haha!

-Josh

Posts: 17 | From: Arizona | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
RacerXWebguy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 220

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2005 01:12 AM      Profile for RacerXWebguy   Author's Homepage   Email RacerXWebguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree...I feel sorry for you tikes out there. Metal is angry and very few chicks. Note: If you sing about being an angry white boy, angry white boys show up.

Saw Live and the first tour I saw 'em:
Van Halen (VH opening for Stones in 78)
Rush (Hemispheres)
Led Zeppelin (1976 (Judas Priest opened)
Doobie Brothers (75 I think)
Styx (78)
Journey (after Album 2, in 1975)
AC/DC (1977 with Bon)
Steve Miller Band (mid 70s...don't remember when)

--------------------
Regards,
Ken Hower
Racer X Webmaster
www.racerxband.com

Posts: 165 | From: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted April 22, 2005 05:48 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sneaky,

Can I be the first to say "Hey, you have EXCELLENT taste in music, my young friend!!!"

And to DC,

I feel your pain.... [Cry] But, have been told I look 25, so I'll accept that with a smile... [Wink]

Have a great weekend, all!!!

~Sam

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks