Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » High Crime Zone   » Any Girls Want to Give it a Try?

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Any Girls Want to Give it a Try?
GirlsGoneBad
Little Dreamer
Member # 417

Icon 5 posted June 30, 2004 02:24 PM      Profile for GirlsGoneBad   Email GirlsGoneBad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Girls,

We're looking for a smoke'n hot blond female with pipes to play the role of Diamond David (Danielle?) Lee Roth in our Van Halen tribute band, Girl Gone Bad.

Let's face it, Ralph is the best in the business when it comes to portraying the Diamond One, so we thought we would try something a little different.

If you're interested, or you know someone who might be, send us an email at vhtribute@hotmail.com

We rehearse in North Orange County and have a P.A.

Thank you!

Girl Gone Bad

Posts: 12 | From: Orange County, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
JOHNNY GEETAR
Romeo Delight
Member # 305

Icon 6 posted June 30, 2004 02:30 PM      Profile for JOHNNY GEETAR   Email JOHNNY GEETAR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats cool and way over due.Why dont you call yourselves "Beautiful Girls" instead?Good luck and hope to catch that act soon.
Posts: 108 | From: WHITTIER | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
MetalSkoolGirl
Romeo Delight
Member # 380

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2004 07:30 PM      Profile for MetalSkoolGirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds really cool. Chicks can kick ass when it comes to rockin too! You guys should find someone who is able to do the Diamond Dave hitch kicks too. [Bouncey] <---"Might as well Jump!"
Posts: 41 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted June 30, 2004 07:51 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naw, Girls Gone Bad is a better name dude. Beautiful Girls is too generic. Now, how about Women in Love? hahaa
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted June 30, 2004 08:02 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<-----Really wishing I lived in CA right now.....

What a GREAT concept!!! [Cool] I wish you gals the best of luck!!!! [Thumbs Up!]

Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2004 06:38 AM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All girl Van Halen?? Or just the lead singer a girl??
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 11 posted July 01, 2004 10:02 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think just the singer will be female, as the person who wrote me about this same search was named Derek and he attached a picture of himself in a very good Eddie outfit behind 3 great EVH guitars. Derek is probably "GirlsGoneBad".

I can't find a link to his picture, but his band's website had something at vhtributeband.com [Quiet]

Interesting spin on the VH tribute band angle. I would like check them out [Smile]

There were some female singers on a Van Halen tribute album I listened to awhile back, and their voices added an interesting touch to some classic VH songs... and there is also $pammy [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
JOHNNY GEETAR
Romeo Delight
Member # 305

Icon 9 posted July 02, 2004 07:13 AM      Profile for JOHNNY GEETAR   Email JOHNNY GEETAR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is a bummer,I thought they were forming an all female Van Halen tribute band.Ac/Dshe and the Iron maidens are awesome and that would totally cool to see the all female line up with,Diva Lee Roth,Edith Van Halen,Michelle Anthony and Alexis Van Halen(i made those up by the way).Oh well the idea is out there now so hopefully somebody will actually form this(wet?)dream band.And call yourselves the "Beautiful Girls".
Posts: 108 | From: WHITTIER | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
GirlsGoneBad
Little Dreamer
Member # 417

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2004 11:07 AM      Profile for GirlsGoneBad   Email GirlsGoneBad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. We're looking for a female Diamond Dave AND female Michael Anthony.

Therefore, we would be 1/2 guys (guitar and drums) and 1/2 girls (vocals and bass).

I don't want to sound like a male chauvinist but there's not a lot (however, I'm sure there are some) that can play like King Edward.

Please let me know if you know anyone who might be up for this project at vhtribute@hotmail.com

Thank you!!!!

-Derek

GirlsGoneBad
Little Dreamer
Member # 417

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2004 11:20 AM      Profile for GirlsGoneBad   Email GirlsGoneBad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to the guy 1/2

http://www.vhtributeband.com/newband.html

Now we're looking for the girls!!!

-Derek

MetalSkoolGirl
Romeo Delight
Member # 380

Icon 2 posted July 02, 2004 02:48 PM      Profile for MetalSkoolGirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin] Geetar on those names! That sucks the whole band won't be girls. We already have our guys in the Atomic punks. It shouldn't be called GirlsGoneBad if the whole band aren't girls. [Yell]
Posts: 41 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks