Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » High Crime Zone   » the darkness

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: the darkness
jason
Little Dreamer
Member # 99

Icon 14 posted December 05, 2003 10:40 AM      Profile for jason   Email jason   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone else seen this new band called "the darkness"? its kind of 80's style music. it pretty good.if they are trying to bring it back i hope they recognize who startes this whole movement. none of it could be possible without Hellical sounds of the original metal band METAL SHOP [Devil] aka Danger Kitty.

jason [Thumbs Up!]

--------------------
nothin' but yeah!

Posts: 38 | From: san diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted December 05, 2003 10:49 AM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...METAL SHOP RULES!!! I wonder how their cd, "Hole Patrol" sold. The Darkness is kick ass too. The lead singer pays a lot of respect to David Lee Roth in interviews. Here's a quote from the lead singer.

"Van Halen had a frontman in the old days that did all that gymnastics and stuff, and as soon as they chucked him out they became shit. Even though they're essentially playing the same music, Van Halen are fucking rubbish because David Lee Roth isn't in them anymore and the thing that he brought to the table was pure flamboyance. And that's what I get off on."

Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2003 10:54 AM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I mentioned this here before, but I do enjoy the Darkness. I saw their video for "I Believe in A Thing Called Love" on MTV one EARLY morning...apparently that's the only time they play videos...and I was dumbfounded. It was like a video from the 80s. It had a concept (storyline) and it was cheezy and funny.

Finally, I bought the CD and at first the lead singer's voice was a little too Tiny Tim-like for my taste, but I kept listening to the damn thing and it eventually grew on me. Now, I can't stop singing that song Black Shuck. [Big Grin]

If I hadn't seen that video on MTV I probably wouldn't have bought the CD. That's the reason that CD sales are so low...no one sees videos anymore. They are commercials for the CDs. I'm surprised the record companies haven't figured that out yet. No, blame it on the Internet. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you."--Francois Sagan

Posts: 137 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks