Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » High Crime Zone   » Vince?

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Vince?
FabShadow
Little Dreamer
Member # 16

Icon 13 posted October 29, 2002 11:00 AM      Profile for FabShadow   Email FabShadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I saw you at the Whiskey on the 26th (wearing a leather KISS jacket) and when I approached you and asked if you were Vince, you said NO. Then when the Punks played "I wanna Rock-n-Roll all night" Ralph called you out, BY NAME, about the KISS jacket. Why'd you lie? [Roll Eyes]

[ October 29, 2002, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: FabShadow ]

Posts: 37 | From: Long Beach | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Joe
Little Dreamer
Member # 19

Icon 12 posted October 29, 2002 12:15 PM      Profile for Joe   Email Joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That wasn't Vince, that was Mike Damone! [Wink]
Posts: 15 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
FabShadow
Little Dreamer
Member # 16

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2002 02:44 PM      Profile for FabShadow   Email FabShadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO!

Hey, Where were YOU? Golfing with Vince?

Joe
Little Dreamer
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2002 06:28 PM      Profile for Joe   Email Joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, I do all my golfing with Eddie Van Halen.

But seriously, (as I mentioned in your thread at VHF,) we didn't go because I was dead-tired.

Posts: 15 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 9 posted October 30, 2002 07:42 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FabShadow:
... Why'd you lie? [Roll Eyes]

Easy up on the "l" word Fab... Ralph could have been mistaken, or maybe you misheard him, or the guy with the jacket could have misheard you, or didn't want to be identified, etc. Lots of possible reasons for a misunderstanding.

Not something to get worked up over, or call people out on.

Enjoy the fellow Atomic Punks fans who did like meeting other fans!

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
FabShadow
Little Dreamer
Member # 16

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 09:09 AM      Profile for FabShadow   Email FabShadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, Good call Albert. I scratch the "L" word but I'm still curious about it. See this is the 2nd time that this has happened. He was all set to meet Top Timmy and I at Canes and avoided us there too. I can't help but wonder what he has to hide. I mean if he doesn't want to meet anyone then just say so. I guess I'm just too enthusuastic about meeting other VH and Punks fans. It has always been alot of fun.
Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 04:07 PM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by FabShadow:
OK, Good call Albert. I scratch the "L" word but I'm still curious about it. See this is the 2nd time that this has happened. He was all set to meet Top Timmy and I at Canes and avoided us there too. I can't help but wonder what he has to hide. I mean if he doesn't want to meet anyone then just say so. I guess I'm just too enthusuastic about meeting other VH and Punks fans. It has always been alot of fun.

Okay, once again:

I WAS NOT THERE.

I was here, at home, in San Diego with my kids since my wife had to work a rave that night at the San Diego Sports Arena. So, your claim of "this is the second this has happened" does NOT hold water.

As for that one time with TJ at Cane's, I already stated that once I arrived there I *did* walk around, looking for the sign he said he was gonna make, but did NOT see it ANYWHERE. I was hanging out initially out by the stairwell, then before the Punks came on I took my usual spot down by the foot of the stage. I was there until the guys pretty much cleaned off the stage after their set.

As many times as I have met and spoken with Ralph, I'm surprised he'd mistake me for someone else, especially someone wearing a KISS shirt. And, Ralph pretty much knows I always wear a DLR-era VH shirt at every Punks gig. I know this because he's tried many times to talk me out of them. [Big Grin]

Let me also as you these questions: Was the individual wearing glasses? And, did you bother to check VHLinks for the posts I made that night like I told you in an earlier email/PM? I was 'net surfin' quite a bit that night after I put the kids down to bed, and VHLinks was one of my stops. Look at these posts and the dates and times:

http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009658;p=2#000033

http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000954

http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002555

http://www.vhforums.com/vhlforum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=002560

Now, explain to me how I could've made those posts on the date and times listed, usually the same time the Punks take the stage, yet be at The Whiskey at the same time? [Confused]

[ October 30, 2002, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Vince ]

Posts: 82 | From: San Diego, CA. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 9 posted October 30, 2002 05:26 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post 
Fab: all this drama over someone denying who you thought he was. Is all this effort worth it? I like you and all, but...

Even IF Vince had blown you off before at Canes, and even IF he was blowing you off again at the Whisky (which I don't think was the case), why not respect the guy's privacy and move on? Why call him out in public like this? Even if you think he has something to hide (which I don't think is the case).

Won't you tell me, where have all the good times gone?

The Atomic Punks are a tribute to early Van Halen, the era of Van Halen that celebrated sex, drugs and rock & roll. Why not focus on the 99% of the show you did enjoy, and leave the rest for the soaps.

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 05:55 PM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to close this, I don't see the point of continuing it on multiple boards, or even one, but whatever on the other board. Vince said he wasn't at the show, end of story. If you want to continue this for whatever reason, please take it to e-mail or private message. Thanks.

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic      Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks