Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Whcih Eddie costume should our new Guitarist wear? (Page 1)

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Whcih Eddie costume should our new Guitarist wear?
Ralph
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 04:18 PM      Profile for Ralph         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lets hear what you think. Tell us what costume would be cool for our new guitarist wear. Should he have a costume change during the show? Lets hear your comments..
[Wink]

--------------------
Ralph Saenz

Posts: 62 | From: Sherman Oaks | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
FAN HALEN
Little Dreamer
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 06:52 PM      Profile for FAN HALEN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1982-83 DIVER DOWN OVERALLS ARE SWEET. MAYBE SOME EDDIE CONVERSE SHOES.
Posts: 4 | From: S.W. RIVERSIDE COUNTY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted February 21, 2006 07:20 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The red overalls that look like the red striped guitar are cool.

http://opinionheads.com/eddie.html

Or also the yellow jacket from '84...

http://www.photofeatures.com/vanhalen/ppages/ppage25.html

Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Elwood
Romeo Delight
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2006 09:28 PM      Profile for Elwood   Email Elwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the DD overalls work for me. They're cool.

--------------------
Cowbell, I need more Cowbell!

Rawhide in "A"

Posts: 89 | From: 1060 West Addison, Chicago | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Yamakazi
Little Dreamer
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2006 08:27 AM      Profile for Yamakazi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the outfits Eddie wore on the first album, with the black and white guitar. The button shirt kind of open and the 70's slacks. He looked so bad assed! Since you play mostly songs from the first two albums, I think you should go with that. But I have to agree that the overalls look good with the red guitar. So, how about both depending on which guitar is used? My 2 cents.
P.S. I'll be submitting a video. I'm hoping that when the new guitarist is replaced, it'll be with me!

Posts: 4 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
chelsea
Little Dreamer
Member # 615

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2006 10:31 PM      Profile for chelsea   Email chelsea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ralph:
Lets hear what you think. Tell us what costume would be cool for our new guitarist wear. Should he have a costume change during the show? Lets hear your comments..
[Wink]
[/QUi think the band should be themselves not be clones of van halen.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
VAINS OF JENNA

Posts: 25 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rachel W.
Little Dreamer
Member # 505

Icon 3 posted February 24, 2006 03:42 PM      Profile for Rachel W.   Email Rachel W.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ralph:
[Wink]

With the caveat that I have yet to see the new guy... I think he should have a costume change during the show - on stage. I've seen so many boobies at your shows, Ralph. How about a little something for the ladies? [Wink]
Posts: 14 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MetalSkoolGirl
Romeo Delight
Member # 380

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2006 02:49 AM      Profile for MetalSkoolGirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The red and white striped overalls with matching guitar are the best. Can anyone tell me if this new guitarist is even half as hot as Russ is?
Posts: 41 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
Elwood
Romeo Delight
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2006 04:31 AM      Profile for Elwood   Email Elwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MetalSkoolGirl:
Can anyone tell me if this new guitarist is even half as hot as Russ is?

Well he's not really my type. Neither was Russ though.

--------------------

Rawhide in "A"

Posts: 89 | From: 1060 West Addison, Chicago | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ralph
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2006 12:05 PM      Profile for Ralph         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we are going for the "Overall's" look. Seems to be the best choice to match with the Red stripped guitar. I'm getting some new clothes made. Any suggestions on what costume you would like to see me wear as David Lee?

[ February 26, 2006, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Ralph ]

--------------------
Ralph Saenz

Posts: 62 | From: Sherman Oaks | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
chelsea
Little Dreamer
Member # 615

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2006 05:00 PM      Profile for chelsea   Email chelsea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi ralph, i would love to see u in levis and a concert t shirt with ur hair all spiked up....sounds hot to me... [Big Grin] i am going to the show in santa ana on april 1st, and iam real excited to see the show the band puts on... [Big Grin]

--------------------
VAINS OF JENNA

Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted February 27, 2006 07:22 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need these pants man...

1141096951.jpg

Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted February 27, 2006 07:24 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or these... hahhahhaa

1141097051.jpg

chelsea
Little Dreamer
Member # 615

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 08:15 PM      Profile for chelsea   Email chelsea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like the first choice much better... [Big Grin]

--------------------
VAINS OF JENNA

MetalSkoolGirl
Romeo Delight
Member # 380

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2006 02:45 PM      Profile for MetalSkoolGirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ralph--I think you should wear an outfit Dave wore in the Jump video. I like the one he is wearing when they show him doing the hitch kick at the beginning (the shirt is red & blue with a white opera mask and the pants are red and gold glitter striped). You'll look good in whatever outfit you pick, cause even in a potato sack you'd still be hot.
Posts: 41 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
i1sum2
Little Dreamer
Member # 474

Icon 6 posted March 04, 2006 03:53 PM      Profile for i1sum2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't Russ wear the overalls a lot? Maybe the new player can wear something like the tiger striped pants. Those were cool.

-

--------------------
Could this be magic?

Posts: 9 | From: next to the keg | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kramer5150
Little Dreamer
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 01:59 PM      Profile for Kramer5150   Author's Homepage   Email Kramer5150   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ralph:
[Wink]

Ralph,

You need to wear the jacket w/the elephants like DLR did in the '83 Us Festival. Actually, you need everything DLR wore at that show.

--------------------
"Look I'll pay you for it what the Fuck"

Posts: 4 | From: Irvine, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
RacerXWebguy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 220

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 03:49 PM      Profile for RacerXWebguy   Author's Homepage   Email RacerXWebguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff Martin a couple years ago, gave Ralph a pair of chaps (I think cow hide pattern) that David Lee Roth stole (the idea) from Jeff.

Roth went to a Racer X show in the 80's, and saw Jeff wear them and backstage said those are great. Next thing, Roth shows up in a video wearing them. I think from his solo album.

--------------------
Regards,
Ken Hower
Racer X Webmaster
www.racerxband.com

Posts: 165 | From: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Elwood
Romeo Delight
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2006 10:29 PM      Profile for Elwood   Email Elwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RacerXWebguy:
Jeff Martin a couple years ago, gave Ralph a pair of chaps (I think cow hide pattern) that David Lee Roth stole (the idea) from Jeff.

Roth went to a Racer X show in the 80's, and saw Jeff wear them and backstage said those are great. Next thing, Roth shows up in a video wearing them. I think from his solo album.

Didn't Ed also steal, I mean borrow, the guitar power drill deal from Paul/Bruce?

--------------------

Rawhide in "A"

Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted March 11, 2006 11:34 AM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DLR wears black and white cow pattern chaps in the "little ain't enough" video. Yeah, wear those Ralph... those are cool.
B
Little Dreamer
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2006 09:52 PM      Profile for B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the all red overalls with the stripes myself.
Posts: 26 | From: San Diego, ca | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
RacerXWebguy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 220

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 10:02 AM      Profile for RacerXWebguy   Author's Homepage   Email RacerXWebguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood:
Didn't Ed also steal, I mean borrow, the guitar power drill deal from Paul/Bruce?

Actually...I did ask Paul about that one time. Paul was using the drill, back in the mid-80's. The major difference between Paul and Eddie, was Paul put the 4 picks on the end....Ed just used the motor against the pick ups.

That said....I asked Paul about it...and I'm paraphrasing...but his reply was basically...

I'm sure Eddie didn't hang around our shows trying steal my stuff...Eddie has a pretty solid history of innovation on his own, however I did wonder a bit the first time I saw him.

The reason I asked him, was there was a story going around, that Paul sent Eddie a threatening letter to stop using the drill.

The real story is...someone within Mr. Big management, (in Paul's words: "Someone in the Mr. Big mailroom") did send Eddie a letter. When Paul found out about it, he was really upset and called Eddie to tell him it wasn't him and that he was a huge fan. Eddie never called him back.

Paul ended up with a huge deal with Makita.

[ March 13, 2006, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: RacerXWebguy ]

--------------------
Regards,
Ken Hower
Racer X Webmaster
www.racerxband.com

RacerXWebguy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 220

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2006 10:05 AM      Profile for RacerXWebguy   Author's Homepage   Email RacerXWebguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff C.:
DLR wears black and white cow pattern chaps in the "little ain't enough" video. Yeah, wear those Ralph... those are cool.

Yeah...that's it. Thanks.

Ralph...YOU have the originals. Wear 'em. [Smile]

--------------------
Regards,
Ken Hower
Racer X Webmaster
www.racerxband.com

Elwood
Romeo Delight
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2006 12:17 AM      Profile for Elwood   Email Elwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RacerXWebguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Elwood:

Actually...I did ask Paul about that one time. Paul was using the drill, back in the mid-80's. The major difference between Paul and Eddie, was Paul put the 4 picks on the end....Ed just used the motor against the pick ups.

That said....I asked Paul about it...and I'm paraphrasing...but his reply was basically...

I'm sure Eddie didn't hang around our shows trying steal my stuff...Eddie has a pretty solid history of innovation on his own, however I did wonder a bit the first time I saw him.

The reason I asked him, was there was a story going around, that Paul sent Eddie a threatening letter to stop using the drill.

The real story is...someone within Mr. Big management, (in Paul's words: "Someone in the Mr. Big mailroom") did send Eddie a letter. When Paul found out about it, he was really upset and called Eddie to tell him it wasn't him and that he was a huge fan. Eddie never called him back.

Paul ended up with a huge deal with Makita.

Neat, thanks Ken. But how did Eddie use the drill in the first place? He must have been "influenced" by Racer X.

Somewhere I have an old copy of Guitar Player from '88 I believe. I bought it cos it had Steve Vai on the cover and a big story in it on him (he was still with Dave at the time). Anyway it also had a story on Paul/Bruce/Racer X in it and the photo on that story had them doing the drill bit on a guitar. I'll have to dig that one up.

(I still have a Racer X record, vinyl, from '86 or '87, the one with Heart of a Lion. Mint, still with the original plastic wrap on it, never seen the guys in concert though)

--------------------

Rawhide in "A"

Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2006 04:13 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never saw Racer X?? Too bad, it was devastating. I was about 18-19 at the time and it made me want to quit because I knew I'd never be that good on guitar. Kind of helped me switch back to bass, which was a good thing. But Racer X shows were unbelievable!!

All times are Pacific Time (US)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks