Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » totally fn awesome

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: totally fn awesome
rkr_X
Little Dreamer
Member # 553

Icon 14 posted July 09, 2005 06:42 PM      Profile for rkr_X   Email rkr_X   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man I haven't been to any of your shows (which will change soon) but I just wanted to say, thanks,

I mean the way you guys do it it's like preserving a national treasure.

The awesome skill/style/vibe that was in early van halen just isn't around any more in music, that total kick ass + party vibe. I mean to the point where I'd go as far as to say not even in vh now.

I dunno where it went, man everything these days is death/hard core non party vibe at all, or uber-neo-artsy bs, or straight uninspiring pissed off lamers, which is why I turned off the rock dial and checked into electronic music years ago, since it had more of the party+asskickingmusic vibe than what was going on in rock ect.

Anyway, I'm glad at least fn mike still loves the music+party vibe, and played with you guys, is there any more video of that? It would be awesome to pick up the whole set you guys did that night at HOB.

At least the you guys understand the kickasspartyness that is rock and roll, so I'm down to check out any other music your working on, and any other artists you guys might recommend, doesn't have to be cover band, just some on-fire asskickelectrifyedpartying music.

rok+thank you atomic punks!

Posts: 1 | From: cali | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2005 07:04 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're an Ozzy/B.Sabbath fan check out a band called Fireball Ministry. The Darkness is cool if you can get past some of the vocal stuff. Russ has an original band called the Thornbirds, you can pick up their record at Tower records and other record stores.
That's all off of the top of my head.
Good Luck

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks