Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » David Lee Roth's scream

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: David Lee Roth's scream
Bobthesuper
Little Dreamer
Member # 547

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2005 02:37 PM      Profile for Bobthesuper   Email Bobthesuper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have notice over the years, although this may be old news to some of you, there seems to be several versions of the song "Jump". One that is on the album "1984". And at least two others that I have heard during the old VH1 days and occasionally on the radio wherein David screams just before the last reprise of the chorus.

Does any one have any information regarding these other two versions, especially where one might be able to puchase these versions?

Thanks.

Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted July 06, 2005 08:28 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Screams or yells? If you are talking about yells... the music video has an extra one towards the end. something like "ahh oh ohhh.." The cd/radio version does not. If you're talking about screams, then I have no idea.
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted July 06, 2005 09:32 PM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah in the early versions of the video he used to mouth it, but the video was just the album version. Later on, the version with the yell was used. I'm sure the band did the video before they released the album, and at the last minute they removed that yell before "1984" was released. The only place Dave's yell is on is the video for the song.

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

Overdose138
Little Dreamer
Member # 311

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2005 04:00 PM      Profile for Overdose138   Email Overdose138   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and how does he do that high note? Does he suck in while doing it? That scream is such a phenomenon.
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted July 16, 2005 06:51 AM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he sucks in dude. It takes talent and practice I'm sure. Ralph would have to answer that one.
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
CouldThisBeMagic
Little Dreamer
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2005 10:19 PM      Profile for CouldThisBeMagic   Email CouldThisBeMagic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always that that was weird too. I dug the version in the video

--------------------
Can't Ya See Me Standin' Here Got My Back Against The Record Machine

Posts: 4 | From: The Underground | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks