Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Man, this band is sad. (Page 1)

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Man, this band is sad.
Mooseboy
Little Dreamer
Member # 371

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 07:43 PM      Profile for Mooseboy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, guys…

This is really sad. I listened to "Ice Cream Man", expecting a fairly good copy of the real guys. What the hell is your drummer on, speedballs?

Nice try, but get someone that can count…

Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 08:35 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time we come to your town, please come up and introduce yourself, sit down and show Scott how to play Ice Cream Man properly. We, the band and the fans would love to see it. Come to the house of Blues on April 10th, watch Scott do the Rush show, then pound out the VH set and write a proper review. The guy is one of the BEST rock drummers you will ever see....period. Have you ever heard a "live" Van Halen show (which is what we replicate...by the way) and questioned the tempos???
The Mark and Brian interview is pretty close to record tempo, the version from Pittsburgh is classic "live" VH tempo.

C'mon...you picked the wrong guy in the band to bag on. Bag on me, I hit wrong notes, sing the Harmonies flat and the whole thing, but Scott is a monster on the drums...

Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 09:43 PM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's sad is that he actually registered to post a negative comment. Some people have way too much time in their hands and bad vibes in their lives, and therefore they feel the need to spread the "jeer" around...

Nice try, wrong band and fans to do it with, though.

Tracy =^,,^= [Devil]

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 10:03 PM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guy ragging on Scott of all people? LOL! You must be a crackhead. Hands down one of the best drummers I've watched, famous or not.

So what VH tribute band do you play in that you're trolling here? [Roll Eyes]

Nice try with a moronic argument. Joe, don't even waste your time with a buffoon like this.

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 28, 2004 10:18 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a goober. SEriously, I'd love for you to have a chat with Scott to his face and tell him what he's doing wrong. You have a huge set of e-balls to say that he can't count. I'm a drummer myself (amateur hack mind you) and I know what it takes to play the VH stuff, and what it takes to play the Rush stuff, and Scott pulls it off, on the money, EVERYTIME! He's the best I've seen live.

Lay off! [Irked]

--------------------
Webmaster

Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gabe
Little Dreamer
Member # 313

Icon 8 posted March 29, 2004 03:01 AM      Profile for Gabe   Email Gabe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...YEAH WHAT THEY SAID!
(holding a bat with rusty nails at the end)

Posts: 25 | From: Eagle Rock | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2004 08:03 AM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... Now that's funny!!

It is a joke right?

--------------------
HeavyMusic-AZ

Posts: 40 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
JOHNNY GEETAR
Romeo Delight
Member # 305

Icon 6 posted March 29, 2004 08:31 AM      Profile for JOHNNY GEETAR   Email JOHNNY GEETAR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to Mooseboy.You know the first time I saw the Punks,the one band member that stuck out was Scott and his heavy and accurate drumming.Keep this in mind,he's self taught,now that says so much for a musician,which by the way you are obviously not because you have no musical appreciation.Have you ever heard Van Halen live?They never played the same note twice,and whats so incredible about these guys ESPECIALLY THE DRUMMER is that they are pretty much a dead on accurate copy of Van Halen.Anyway dude you have the right to your opinion even though your FUCKING WRONG MORON!! Keep on kicking ass Scott we love your drumming!
Posts: 108 | From: WHITTIER | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
RacerXWebguy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 220

Icon 1 posted March 29, 2004 04:06 PM      Profile for RacerXWebguy   Author's Homepage   Email RacerXWebguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
C'mon...you picked the wrong guy in the band to bag on. Bag on me, I hit wrong notes, sing the Harmonies flat and the whole thing, but Scott is a monster on the drums...[/QB]
Yeah...Joe...you are the weakest link. [Wink]

Seriously....Scott rocks. To hear Scott pound out Hot For Teacher, with like 1/2 the drums of Alex, is where he really earns his stripes.

Plus..he's got a great accent.

--------------------
Regards,
Ken Hower
Racer X Webmaster
www.racerxband.com

Posts: 165 | From: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 7 posted March 29, 2004 04:28 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RacerXWebguy:

Plus..he's got a great accent.

Oh mayyn. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Webmaster

Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted March 29, 2004 06:34 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously guys, I think Tracy is right and he obviously is one of those guys with too much time on his hands and just wanted to stir up some controversy over here. I don't think anybody, musician or not, could honestly diss Scott on his drumming abilities. C'mon....the guy's kick ass. And I don't catch any missed notes and flat vocals Joe. But, then again, I am a little buzzed every time you guys perform...hahaha.
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
coreyva
Little Dreamer
Member # 370

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 12:42 AM      Profile for coreyva   Email coreyva   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troll [Frown]

Scott is one of the best drummers I've ever seen and I've seen my share of them over the years.

--------------------
The Boise (Eagle) guy.

Posts: 7 | From: Eagle, ID | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
FanSince70's
Little Dreamer
Member # 34

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 02:01 PM      Profile for FanSince70's     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mooseboy, I doubt you'll find agreement around here.
Posts: 15 | From: SouthernCalifornia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
playtone
Romeo Delight
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 03:40 PM      Profile for playtone   Email playtone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get it....I mean, I know everyone's entitled to their opinions, but I don't understand someone going to a website and joining their messageboard simply to slam someone in the band.

There are a lot of musicians that I don't care for, but I don't have the time NOR the inclination to seek out their website just to tell them so. Who really cares anyway??? I mean, unless someone offends me personally, why would I take the time to post somewhere that I don't think they're talented. Makes no sense to me, so the "moose" - a big, fat WHATEVER!!!!

And, Scott, not that you don't already know this, but this guy is a 'tard.....YOU ROCK!!!! Much love goes out to ALL of AP (including you, Joe)! :-)

~Christy

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 84 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2004 04:55 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just amazed anyone can find something wrong with the Punks. They're as good as VH was when they were at the top with DLR.

Posting negative messages is usually because of jealousy, not because of any factual info.

Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 6 posted March 30, 2004 07:11 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least this persons criticism got everyone fired up around here!!! I guess that's a positive. [Cool]
vegas vince
Little Dreamer
Member # 49

Icon 12 posted April 06, 2004 07:08 PM      Profile for vegas vince   Email vegas vince       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, it even makes ME want to reply!

i will just say it... i AM a good drummer, and i DO know what makes one... and i ALMOST can't stand going to see you guys because scott continuously KICKS MY ASS ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! ... ahem, so uh, yeah... he's good.

and joe... you're ok... HA! see ya next weekend!
(i e-mailed you by the way, be lookin' for it)

Posts: 13 | From: las vegas | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2004 09:28 AM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
come to think of it... it might have been Scott himself.. who else could say anthing negative about his playing except for him?

--------------------
HeavyMusic-AZ

Posts: 40 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 6 posted April 07, 2004 02:36 PM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atomic Bass:
Well, at least this persons criticism got everyone fired up around here!!! I guess that's a positive. [Cool]

Did you think for a split second that we would allow some braindead interloper badmouth "our" (=the fans') band in any way, shape or form without making a strong showing in y'all's defense? You should know us better than that, Joe, dear... [Wink]

=^,,^=

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ralph
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2004 05:51 PM      Profile for Ralph         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey bro, You Rock. Thanks for the posting. It's nice to hear some constructive posts.
I personally encourage that as long as it's not some one just being a dick.
We have been doing this so long some times I have to study the records so I dont forget how it is suppose to be.Fo the record, our drummer is on speed balls. and beer so it should equal out.
Keep on posting and keep on loving our favorite band
VH with Dave..
Ralph

--------------------
Ralph Saenz

Posts: 62 | From: Sherman Oaks | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
JOHNNY GEETAR
Romeo Delight
Member # 305

Icon 10 posted April 14, 2004 03:54 PM      Profile for JOHNNY GEETAR   Email JOHNNY GEETAR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!Alright! Beam Up Scotty!!!
Posts: 108 | From: WHITTIER | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Elwood
Romeo Delight
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2004 06:14 AM      Profile for Elwood   Email Elwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ralph:
keep on loving our favorite band
VH with Dave..
Ralph

What he say!!!

--------------------
Cowbell, I need more Cowbell!

Rawhide in "A"

Posts: 89 | From: 1060 West Addison, Chicago | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2004 07:46 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mooseboy:
Sorry, guys…

... get someone that can count…

Like you???? Was this the way YOU decided to audition for the band?

If so, THAT is what is sad!

Since my very first Atomic Punks show, I've ALWAYS been impressed with Scott's drumming. I'm no musician, but I have a great time at the shows, and I think that is what matters the most to the fans.

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
jason
Little Dreamer
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2004 09:18 AM      Profile for jason   Email jason   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so what if he's on speedballs! the dude rocks! dont hate, but hey thanks for taking the time to listen and support the punks. [Thumbs Up!] and for scott..try a triple bass kick on ice cream man... [Big Grin] maybe an iron maiden type rendition of it...hahahaha..you rule dude
Posts: 38 | From: san diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2004 04:52 PM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mooseboy:
Sorry, guys…

This is really sad. I listened to "Ice Cream Man", expecting a fairly good copy of the real guys. What the hell is your drummer on, speedballs?

Nice try, but get someone that can count…

Know what I want to see, other than your music degree from Juliard and multi-million dollar record contract?

I wanna see you pound out an almost 2 hour set playing Rush songs, of which they are most likely the most technical and complex songs to play on drums, then spend another near-2 hours playing Van Halen songs.

In other words, back-to-back sets.

That's what Scott does when his Rush tribute band "opens" for The Punks every now and then. When you can pull that off, please alert the media. We'll be eagerly awaiting.

Meanwhile, go back to watching and voting for your favorite "American Idol", okay? I'm sure you probably consider them "real arists".

--------------------
51504VH

Posts: 82 | From: San Diego, CA. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks