Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Punks on new VH DVD???

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Punks on new VH DVD???
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted November 16, 2003 06:49 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was written on amazon.com regarding the new dvd coming out.

"The documentary is loaded with Kick A** rock music. Plus there are two short bonus segments; footage of The Atomic Punks (most popular VH tribute band) and Doug Anderson shows his VH Museum."

Any truth to this? My copy hasn't come in the mail yet.

Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2003 08:14 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked on the descriptions for this Dvd and didn't see a mention of us anywhere on there. Where did you see it?
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 6 posted November 17, 2003 07:16 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Amazon.com review page:

Amazing documentary about the formative years of the best rock and roll band ever. The DVD covers Alex and Edward's early years playing with small garage bands, all the years with David Lee Roth, and concentrates mostly on the club days and the first world tour. The is about as good as a documentary could possibly be without the band's involvement. Interviews with many people who were very close to the band.

These people are inverviewed extensively:
* Mark Stone - Original VH bass player whom Michael Anthony replaced
* Andy Johns - Legendary record producer
* Eddie Anderson - Roth's former body guard & manager
* Gregg Emerson - VH drum technician and childhood friend
* Jim Dandy - One of Roth's prototypes. Roth was compared to him in the club days
* Neil Zlozower - Original VH photographer & partner in crime
* Dave Weiderman - long-time manager of The Guitar Center in L.A.
* Tom Broderick - VH's soundman in 1978
* Kim Fowley - Sunset Strip concert promoter - booked the band into the Whisky a Go-Go
* Jeff Hausman - Creator of "The Inside" Van Halen magazine & VanHalenStore.com
* Susan Masino - Survived VH's stay at the Sheraton Hotel, 1978
* Mike Levine - (Triumph) talking about playing the US Festival with VH
* Ron Wikso - drummer with DLR around 1994
* Dennis Neugebauer- good friend of DLR's in the high school days
* Mario Maglieri - owner of the Whisky a Go-Go
* Doug Anderson - shows his Van Halen Museum
* Roger Rennick - saw VH play at various backyard parties
* Mike Kelly - VH historian who attended most of their Starwood and Whisky shows
* Tony Codgen - guitarist from Michael's original band, Snake
* Plus exclusive interview footage with David Lee Roth & Eddie Van Halen! (Note: these two interviews were not conducted for this DVD, they were filmed a few years ago, but they are exclusive interviews and they fit in nicely).

Narrated by J.J. Jackson from MTV fame.

PLUS vintage audio interviews with:

* Alex Van Halen
* Michael Anthony
* Gene Simmons

NEVER SEEN PHOTOS!
Rare stills will be seen for the first time from Mark Stone, Tom Broderick, Gregg Emerson, Eddie Anderson, Norman Seeff (who took lots of amazing shots taken from the Woman and Children First album cover sessions), Robert Alford and more.

The documentary is loaded with Kick A** rock music. Plus there are two short bonus segments; footage of The Atomic Punks (most popular VH tribute band) and Doug Anderson shows his VH Museum.

(You'll need to scroll down to find this customer review)

Guess we won't be able to find out until December 9th, when the DVD comes out...

Tracy =^,,^=

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
JOHNNY GEETAR
Romeo Delight
Member # 305

Icon 10 posted November 17, 2003 09:10 AM      Profile for JOHNNY GEETAR   Email JOHNNY GEETAR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW!Thats awesome! Hey Tracy is this available now at music stores? I have been waiting all my life for a documentary of Van Halen and yeah the Punks are the greatest V.H. tribute band in the world hands down.Let me know Tracy.
Posts: 108 | From: WHITTIER | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 12 posted November 17, 2003 09:57 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, apparently it comes out on December 9th. (See last line on my post.) Amazon is pretty accurate as far as release dates go, so...

=^,,^=

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
JOHNNY GEETAR
Romeo Delight
Member # 305

Icon 12 posted November 17, 2003 10:22 AM      Profile for JOHNNY GEETAR   Email JOHNNY GEETAR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah duh.I guess I should pay attention when I read.I am looking forward to seeing that dvd.Thanks for the info though.
Posts: 108 | From: WHITTIER | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted November 17, 2003 01:58 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can order it right now on www.vhstore.com. They claimed to get it in on November 11th. I thought I'd have it by now.
SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 03:44 PM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the VH Store sold out
Posts: 88 | From: Southern California | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted November 17, 2003 04:57 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't say they're sold out.
SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 07:28 PM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, thanks [Smile]

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

Posts: 88 | From: Southern California | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks