Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Kosmos tonight

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Kosmos tonight
SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 03:41 PM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're planning on being at the show. I was just wondering if there's going to be an opening band or not.

See ya there [Smile]

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

Posts: 88 | From: Southern California | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 10:32 AM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we were there. Great show, guys....too bad they couldn't have tossed that other band off the stage sooner, but it was great getting the chance to hang out with you before your show. [Wink]

Looked for Fab and the Trips, but didn't see anybody until we saw Mrs. Trip up on stage dancing. Walked around after the show, but you guys had already left. Sorry we missed you. Hope Trip had a happy b'day [Smile]

[ November 15, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: SoCalChelle ]

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 12 posted November 15, 2003 12:26 PM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with the lineup last night was the first band of the whole night, an instrumental guitar outfit that had nothing to do, honestly, with the rest of the bands that were about to play. Should Empyre have opened instead of them, we would have had more than enough time to enjoy the Punks.

Tracy =^,,^=

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tripoutski
Little Dreamer
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 03:53 PM      Profile for Tripoutski   Email Tripoutski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoCalChelle:
Looked for Fab and the Trips, but didn't see anybody until we saw Mrs. Trip up on stage dancing. Walked around after the show, but you guys had already left. Sorry we missed you. Hope Trip had a happy b'day [Smile]

Too bad that we missed ya! I did not know that you guys were going until the last second and had no way of contacting, so we just kept an eye out. I thought I saw Brian once, but after walking around I did not see you guys.

It was a good time. TBear had Ralph wish me a happy bday from my "Hot Teacher," then they broke into HFT for us. THat was pretty cool...but then teh Mrs. started dancing on stage...then she took her top off and started twirling it around her head...(THAT got the band's attention)! [Cool] She was probably one shooter away from honering Ralph's request! [Eek!]

[ November 15, 2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Tripoutski ]

Posts: 1 | From: Heart of Texas | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rocker22
Romeo Delight
Member # 296

Icon 7 posted November 15, 2003 07:50 PM      Profile for Rocker22   Email Rocker22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tracy-

Great meeting you last night! When you develop those pics, I'd love to see them. Going to get mine developed tomorrow, if I have any decent ones I will send em your way - who knows what they turned out like, I kept getting drinks put in my hand all night, so there could very well be hands and thumbs in the pictures! Needless to say, it was quite a night. I had enough fun and vodka to last me a year. Loved the Punks- first time seeing them, they were incredible!
Again, great meeting you. [Smile]

Posts: 44 | From: Northern California | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 6 posted November 16, 2003 05:47 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here - was too tired yesterday, but I'm taking the pics in today. Will probably be ready by Tuesday.

Time for coffee and work - translating my first ever episode of "Miss Match." Whee!

Tracy =^,,^= [Thumbs Up!]

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2003 08:52 AM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tripoutski:
Too bad that we missed ya! I did not know that you guys were going until the last second and had no way of contacting, so we just kept an eye out. I thought I saw Brian once, but after walking around I did not see you guys.

I had what I thought was Fab's cell phone number and we kept calling it, but never got an answer. We were right in front of the stage most of the time we were there, except for the half hour or so before the Punks finally went on - we were outside hangin' with the band [Smile]

quote:
It was a good time. TBear had Ralph wish me a happy bday from my "Hot Teacher," then they broke into HFT for us. THat was pretty cool...but then teh Mrs. started dancing on stage...then she took her top off and started twirling it around her head...(THAT got the band's attention)! [Cool] She was probably one shooter away from honering Ralph's request! [Eek!]

LOL, glad you had a good time. I thought for sure she was gonna "take it all off."

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

SciKikMobster
Little Dreamer
Member # 236

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 05:38 PM      Profile for SciKikMobster   Author's Homepage   Email SciKikMobster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello-
I'm in the band that played right before the Punks this past Friday - METAL101. Hope you kids had a good time, dispite the short AP set. I love Kozmos and thePunks! I too wanted to see them play longer.

I've told the owner time and time again... do not book 4 bands when you have the Atomic Punks headlining. But he still does...

The opening band was good... but they were supposed to go on at 8:30... and they didn't go on until 9:15PM. And then they took forever to get off stage.

I asked the sound man... can I see the set time schedule for tonight? And he told me that he didn't have one... and that he had no clue who was playing when.

When you're up there playing... you relay on the sound man to tell you - "one more song guys". Without that voice in the monitors to tell you when it's time to go... the whole night will run very late.

1st time we played with the Punks at Kozmos we got cut off after 20 minutes. So I feel the pain.

I'm sorry that the Punks played a short set... I will contact the manager/owner and tell him that it's not just me that is pissed, but the APunk fans are too!

Until the next time... Rock On!

--------------------
www.psychicmafia.com
www.metal101live.com

Posts: 17 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
SciKikMobster
Little Dreamer
Member # 236

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 05:40 PM      Profile for SciKikMobster   Author's Homepage   Email SciKikMobster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tracy:
[QB]The problem with the lineup last night was the first band of the whole night

Hi Tracy,

It was nice seeing you again... hope you had fun!

A

--------------------
www.psychicmafia.com
www.metal101live.com

Posts: 17 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 6 posted November 17, 2003 06:08 PM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, man! Of course I had fun; I'll probably have some more pictures for you this time around as well.

L8r,

T. =^,,^=

--------------------

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks