Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Performing As... (Page 0)

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Performing As...
Atomic Angel
Romeo Delight
Member # 199

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 08:36 AM      Profile for Atomic Angel   Email Atomic Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that the band should go on this show. They would blow EVERYONE out of the water! It's up to the boys to show them how it's done! And the extra bonus of national exposure wouldn't hurt either [Thumbs Up!]
Posts: 42 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 14 posted August 27, 2003 09:20 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hear, hear! That'd be wicked cool...

I meant to watch it, but the power of the "Queer Eye" guys was stronger...

T. >^,,^<

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 10:18 AM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkPrincess:
Damn, was that on last night? I wanted to see it!

It reminds me of that show from back in the day, Puttin' on the Hits...where people would lip sync to songs and stuff. Did these people do the same thing? or were they acutally singing a la karakoe?

No, they actually sang. I think it's going to be on every week. The winner for each week gets $20,000 and goes on to the finals. The winner of the finals gets $200,000. [Eek!]
Posts: 88 | From: Southern California | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jenn
Romeo Delight
Member # 17

Icon 14 posted August 27, 2003 10:23 AM      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eeeeeeasy money!
Posts: 79 | From: San Diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 12:38 PM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a HOTLINE Number (I can't call cause I am at work) that will give more info on this show. It would be great to see the Punks on this show; winning 200K and getting National Exposure.

323-785-2400

HM [Eek!]

--------------------
HeavyMusic-AZ

Posts: 40 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drew
Little Dreamer
Member # 301

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 01:29 PM      Profile for Drew   Author's Homepage   Email Drew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, i'm new [Smile] anyways i've been coming to the site since last year just never registered... anyways after last night watching performing as.. i was gonna post a message, but well there already is one. anyways, i realized how easy it would be for Ralph to win this. Man you gotta go for it, you sound just like Dave in the halen days. hell i dare to say even better? dude just think of it 20 grand and when you win the finals 200!!! and exposure!
Posts: 1 | From: GA. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 03:30 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad Ralph wouldn't be allowed to enter the contest seeing that he's a professional singer. Good exposure for the amateur singers though.

--------------------
Webmaster
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 04:51 PM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Top Timmy:
Too bad Ralph wouldn't be allowed to enter the contest seeing that he's a professional singer.

Now that's a bummer! [Razz] It was a good idea while it lasted, though...

T.

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

SoCalChelle
Romeo Delight
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 05:33 PM      Profile for SoCalChelle   Author's Homepage   Email SoCalChelle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they say professional singers weren't allowed? Damn, I musta missed that part. [Frown]

Oh just go for it anyways, Ralph....we won't tell [Wink]

--------------------
tormentedvhfans.com

Posts: 88 | From: Southern California | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 07:15 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring it on, I thought that we could win it the first time I saw the commercial. But, I didn't think our schedules would be able to allow it. But the professional singer part does throw a wrench in things.
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 12 posted August 28, 2003 06:19 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there's a way... perhaps showing how it can be done, out of the contest? I know it's not the same, but it'd give you guys national exposure. Then your schedules would be completely and utterly insane.

T. (who'd really like to see the Punks on TV) [Big Grin]

--------------------

Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2003 08:08 AM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After watching a rerun of that first show, I take it back. There's no way that we or Ralph should do that show. It's a complete joke! The Freddy Mercury guy was an embarrasment and a slap in the face to how great Freddy was. I couldn't believe that they aired that. What a disgrace to an amazing entertainer who isn't with us anymore. He deserves more respect then that. I'm personally not going to watch that show again, I thought it was terrible.
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted August 29, 2003 08:37 AM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on, you gotta love a train wreck of a show. Now I REALLY want to watch this thing if it's that bad.

I swear this show is just a revamp of a more recent show. I can't remember the name of it, but that guy from Fresh Prince of Bel Air (Cartlon)/Silver Spoons (Alfonso) was the host of it. It was the same concept where the people were amatuers and would come out dressed up as some famous performer and sing the song.

That Puttin' on the Hits thing was different. It was just some funny people lip synching to songs and not necessarily dressing up as the performer, but some interpretation of the song/performer.

--------------------
"A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you."--Francois Sagan

Posts: 137 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted August 30, 2003 02:57 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That show you're talking about was called "Your Big Break". I did catch this show also, and I wasn't really impressed with any of them. I guess the Tina Turner chick was all right.
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 10:43 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right! A friend of mine brought up the fact that the first host of the Your Big Break show was Kid of Kid N Play...just thought I would share that trivia... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you."--Francois Sagan

PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2003 01:54 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I watched that show last night and it does suck. The problem is not that the people on it suck, watching people make fools of themselves is fun.

The problem is that it doesn't have that uber-cheese factor that is needed to make the show enjoyable. I mean these people are serious and from what I can gather most of them have some form of musical background. The producers or whomever should have made it more of a joke...it's too serious and that's the problem with it.

The thing that I liked about the Your Big Break show was that it had the uber-cheese factor. They played up the fact that these were ordinary people who were doing quasi-karoke.

And I'm sorry but whoever chose the costumes on that show should totally get a clue. Hello, what's with the Cindy Lauper chick? Her outfit was so inappropriate for the song...she sang True Colors, but was dressed like she was going to sing Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

And don't even get me started on the bad Jon Bon Jovi wig...

The Punks should so NOT go on that show.

--------------------

Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2003 03:17 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really need to get on that show. 200K sounds mighty good to me. I can do a mean Madonna impression....and, I can actually sing, unlike some of these poseurs...

Any other takers? Hey, we could make this a group effort and split the prize money! LOL! [Big Grin]

[ September 03, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Samantha#2 ]

5151 Parrothead
Little Dreamer
Member # 93

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2003 11:08 PM      Profile for 5151 Parrothead   Author's Homepage   Email 5151 Parrothead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've checked Fox's website for the show, I didn't find anything saying that the performers had to be amateurs. So I guess Ralph COULD do it if he wanted to.
Posts: 7 | From: Redlands, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted September 04, 2003 07:08 AM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they probably could. The one chick who impersonated Britney Spears said she was the lead singer in rock band doing clubs and stuff. I'm sure they get paid.
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2003 12:07 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, nevermind.... [Smile]

[ September 05, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Samantha#2 ]

HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2003 06:38 PM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the show for the first time and I will NEVER watch it again. That dude doing Bon Jovi had Bon Jovi looking like an idot... and the dude looked more like an idot for making Bon Jovi look like an idot.

I think the Punks are way too good for that show.. they would NEVER WIN because they are too good. I can't believe they are going to award 200K to the junk that is on TV...

I MISS THE PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 40 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie Van Halen
Little Dreamer
Member # 309

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2003 09:35 AM      Profile for Eddie Van Halen   Email Eddie Van Halen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is only one Van Halen and you ain't it, PUNKS.
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2003 09:58 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And they make it clear every single time at every single show, man... [Roll Eyes]

T.

--------------------

JOHNNY GEETAR
Romeo Delight
Member # 305

Icon 6 posted September 17, 2003 12:23 PM      Profile for JOHNNY GEETAR   Email JOHNNY GEETAR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I just wanna say that we all know the Atomic Punks are not the real Van Halen, I mean thats a no brainer and some folk dont gotta brain or sense of musical appreciation but the rest of us do.And the rest of us are a whole lot of people who enjoy watching and listening to Ralph,Scott,Joe and Russ play Van Halen to a tee. So relax its just show biz!

[ September 17, 2003, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: JOHNNY GEETAR ]

Posts: 108 | From: WHITTIER | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
playtone
Romeo Delight
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2003 10:41 AM      Profile for playtone   Email playtone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie Van Halen:
There is only one Van Halen and you ain't it, PUNKS.

um, who ever said they were??? Definitely not them. In fact, if you've ever seen them, you know that Ralph always makes it clear that they don't think they're Van Halen. We all love and appreciate that they keep Van Halen alive! If it weren't for the Punks, I wouldn't even be a Van Halen fan.

BTW, why would you even come to their board if you don't like them???

~Christy

[ September 18, 2003, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: playtone ]

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 84 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks