Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: FEEL YOUR LOVE TONIGHT
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted July 19, 2003 04:56 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the "Feel your Love" and "Where have all the good times gone" audio tracks on the audio page... (they are from Amphitheatre At Station Square - Pittsburgh, PA) It has a couple of guys talking during them. they just keep swearing and commenting on how blown away they are by the Punks. I just now listened to them...they're hilarious.
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 6 posted July 19, 2003 05:01 PM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should also check out the new version of "Ice Cream Man," from El Paso, TX - cracks me up every time, particularly Ralph's reaction when not everybody in the audience sings... [Razz]

Tracy (preaching Punks love to all her unsuspecting friends)

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 7 posted July 19, 2003 08:04 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two people you hear in that audio that are just blown away at the Punks are the sound guy, and his best friend. Hahaha, I've seen this reaction from so many first timers, reminds me of my first time. [Wink]

(Get cho' heads out da guttah). [Big Grin]

Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted July 20, 2003 09:47 AM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of my first time too. A friend of mine knew I was a big VH fan and told me about this band going to be at Canes (San Diego) that he noticed in the SD Reader. I think it was like 1998...Bart Walsh was playing. I got there a little late...and as I was approaching the club I honestly thought they were playing VH cd's just getting the crowd ready. When I walked in though, it was the Punks. I had seen a few other VH tribute bands, but none of them were this close to sounding like the real thing. Then the first time Ralph let out a huge extended exaggerated primal scream (a la 1982 Roth), me and my friend just looked at each other with our jaws hitting the floor. I have tried to see them every single chance I get since. KEEP UP THE MAJOR KICK ASS WORK GUYS...YOU GUYS ARE WAY TALENTED AND YOU FRIGGIN' ROCK!!!!!!
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2003 11:29 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff C.:
On the "Feel your Love" and "Where have all the good times gone" audio tracks on the audio page... (they are from Amphitheatre At Station Square - Pittsburgh, PA) It has a couple of guys talking during them. they just keep swearing and commenting on how blown away they are by the Punks. I just now listened to them...they're hilarious.

I am not surprised. Happens to all of my friends that I bring to an AP show. They are just blown away.

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2003 12:17 AM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same Here. I went to David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar. I had to find out who Dave's guitar player (Brian Young) was and finally, I did. I checked out the AP website, downloaded a few tunes and I had shivers up my spine and my hair stood right up on my head. I could not (and sometimes I laugh out loud in amazement) of how close this band sounds like my all time favorit band. I am still amazed of how someome could sound so much like Dave. It is just... I am speechless about this band.. I took a few friends to a show and they had the same experiance. My brother says, "Too Spooky" I got to sit down one day with Ralph and actually do an interview of him. I got to find out how long it took him to learn the scream.. I mean.. he had to be in his room as a kid and sing and sing and sing with VH records. I am so Jonesing to see them again. Their shows lasts for a week then I need another hit of the punks.

Though, A wish of mine did come true, I got to see Ralph and Brian Young play together in Arizona. I wish the world could see this band...

Posts: 40 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
5151 Parrothead
Little Dreamer
Member # 93

Icon 14 posted August 11, 2003 10:57 AM      Profile for 5151 Parrothead   Author's Homepage   Email 5151 Parrothead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember my first time seeing the Punks; it was Brian Young's last time with them before he went to play for DLR. It was at the Whiskey-a-go-go, down on Sunset. I remember thinking then (and I still think now when I see them) So many "tribute bands" may play the songs of the group they're "playing tribute to", some even get relatively close, but I remember closing my eyes and thinking "If I didn't know better, I'd swear this was Van Halen on stage in front of me." I had the opportunity to meet Ralph, Russ, Joe, Scott and Brian, and they are all genuinely nice guys.

If you're interested in Interviews with them; we've done interviews with Ralph and Joe, they're up on our web site. Come on over and have a look.

--------------------
"If you came here tonight, expecting to hear some Sammy Hagar Van Halen..." -- Ralph Saenz
http://www.tormentedvhfans.com

Posts: 7 | From: Redlands, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 12 posted August 11, 2003 01:00 PM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me quote my friend Jose, who saw the mighty Van Halen live in Argentina in '83 (I had to console myself watching them on TV - my Mum wouldn't let me go  - ) and whom I showed pictures I'd taken at the last show at the Whisky while he was listening to the Punks' version of "Bottoms Up!"

"Holy shit, this is too weird! I'm flashbacking like crazy! They sound the same! The guy looks like Dave did! Look at "Eddie"! Oh, my God! Now I'll have to go see them for sure."

T. >^,,^<

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks