Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Fakefest Las Vegas Pics (Page 1)

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Fakefest Las Vegas Pics
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 12:46 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1056656388.jpg
1056656446.jpg
1056656480.jpg
1056656515.jpg
1056656547.jpg

Here are some photos from the Fakefest...I have more, but for some reason my boss thinks I come into the office to work... [Roll Eyes]

[ June 26, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: PunkPrincess ]

--------------------
"A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you."--Francois Sagan

Posts: 137 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 02:59 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1056664382.jpg
1056664410.jpg
1056664452.jpg
1056664479.jpg
1056664506.jpg

Here are the rest, enjoy! The "Monsters of Rock barricade" in front of the stage didn't inhibit the photo taking too much. [Big Grin]

Sorry didn't realize I posted the same photo twice!

[ June 27, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: PunkPrincess ]

--------------------
"A dress makes no sense unless it inspires men to want to take it off you."--Francois Sagan

Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 03:12 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those were F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S! Thanks, Princess... [Big Grin] Wish I was there.... [Frown]

~Sam

[ June 26, 2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Samantha#2 ]

PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted June 27, 2003 12:15 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a good time, but then again it's all good in Vegas. The weather wasn't too bad either. A little windy, but it wasn't blistering hot, like it is in SF today. It was totally worth the trip. Who knows when they will head up to my neck of the woods again...

--------------------

Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted July 02, 2003 08:41 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it would be totally worth the trip to LV too....If I lived that close, I'd make it! I'm in Minnesota and they don't come here but once every couple months so I try to make it to every show. Wouldn't miss it! Sounds like you had a great time! [Thumbs Up!]

[ July 02, 2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Samantha#2 ]

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2003 08:05 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samantha#2:
I think it would be totally worth the trip to LV too....If I lived that close, I'd make it! I'm in Minnesota and they don't come here but once every couple months so I try to make it to every show. Wouldn't miss it! Sounds like you had a great time! [Thumbs Up!]

I feel spoiled. I get to see them almost whenever I want. SoCal has the BEST tribute bands in my opinion. The Punks are the epitome, though. It's super hard to recreate ANY live band but the Punks seem to have accomplished a feat no other tribute band can lay claim to: Being as good (or in some cases better!) as the original ever was.

That's the highest compliment I can think of.

[ July 03, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: vh_littleguitars ]

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted July 04, 2003 01:44 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkPrincess:

Here are some photos from the Fakefest...I have more, but for some reason my boss thinks I come into the office to work... [Roll Eyes]

Great pictures PP, thanks for sharing them!!

I finally got off my keister and decided to post my photos from this show [Big Grin]

Now I remember why I don't get around to sharing my photos in a timely manner; this stuff takes me hours to go through!! [Sleepy]

I was kind of all over the place during this show, trying to keep track various friends I took to the show and others that I met there.

Besides the pictures, I also have a link to a video clip of their last song, Happy Trails, which kind of shows the size of the crowd and our enthusiasm for the Atomic Punks! [Thumbs Up!]

You can go to my VH/DLR page and select the link to my "Atomic Punks" page, or go to directly to albertr.com/AtomicPunks

Viva Rock Vegas!! [Devil]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted July 04, 2003 01:32 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I added a second clip to the video album of Ralph talking during the middle of "Unchained" followed by the rest of the song. Use the next/previous buttons after entering the album to access each video clip.

Downloading the 26.7MB video clip is only recommended for those with high speed connections [Smile]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 14 posted July 05, 2003 06:37 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Albert - wish I'd been there, but alas! Movie deadlines are (mostly) unmovable... Next time, hopefully!

>^,,^<

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2003 02:59 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Albert, and thank you for sharing your photos. I always enjoy your "captions". [Big Grin]

Samantha: I think I get to see them even less than you. The trip to LV from SF takes a good 9 hours if I drive, which is why I usually fly. Unfortunately, airfare is a little on the expensive side lately...If I wanted to drive down to LA that takes at least 5-6 hours. Close is a relative term [Wink]

I have yet to see the Punks actually play in San Francisco, of course the first time I saw them was not even a year ago. The closest venue I have seen them at is in Sacramento, which is a good 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive one way. Overall, sometimes I think San Francisco is in a drought when it comes to quality shows. I usually have to drive to the 'burbs to see any decent shows, aside from the Punks that is... [Smile]

[ July 05, 2003, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: PunkPrincess ]

--------------------

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 11 posted July 06, 2003 09:10 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkPrincess:
Thanks Albert, and thank you for sharing your photos. I always enjoy your "captions". [Big Grin]

You're welcome Tracy & PunkPrincess.

Captions are one of the most difficult things for me to do, but I think they add something to a picture (instead of just "100_1143.jpg").

I feel very lucky to live where I am and to be able to see the Atomic Punks as often as I do. Although they often play some cool places like Fakefest, the Anaheim HOB and The Whisky, I wish they played in better places than some the dives like Barrel's, 14 Below and Kozmos [Irked] Oh well, at least the rocking music can make up for the "atmosphere" [Smile]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2003 01:16 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Princess,

That really IS a drive for you to catch some quality shows! Yikers! Well, your dedication to making the drive (or flight) to see them out of your area really shows what committed fans the AP's have. They should really appreciate some of the extremes a lot of their regular fans go to, ya' know? Should also speak volumes to how truly great the Atomic Punks really are. They just ROCK! I just can't get enough of them. They'll be in MN this weekend and I'm just pumped! [Bouncey]

PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2003 01:42 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great time at the show Samantha! Take some pictures "to share with the class" if you can. [Smile]

I have to support a quality show...even if I have to take a little drive (or flight) now and then to do it. Believe me, there are only a handful of bands I will see out of state! [Wink]

[ July 07, 2003, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: PunkPrincess ]

--------------------

Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2003 05:45 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do, Princess...

Although, I must confess, I do not own a digital camera (shame on me!) and don't own a scanner to scan them onto my computer so it may take a while to post any, and they'll probably look like crap, but I'll do my best! I'll have a drink for you, too! I simply cannot wait until Saturday night! Yippee! [Drunk] [Big Grin]

PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2003 09:08 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on Samantha! Monday's over, one day closer to Saturday night... It's always good to have something to look forward to. [Thumbs Up!] I'll be there in spirit. [Big Grin]

I too do not have a scanner nor a digital camera, but I use the scanner at work when no one's looking [Quiet]

--------------------

Tracy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 247

Icon 12 posted July 08, 2003 07:25 AM      Profile for Tracy   Email Tracy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys, for those of you who want to take pictures but do not have a scanner or a digital camera (like me), a nifty solution is to choose the pictures put on a CD when you take them in to be developed. You get hard copies, and the CD ones so you can post them anywhere. Just a suggestion...

>^,,^< [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I was born without a silver spoon, but I'm gonna make a stir." David Lee Roth (A Little Ain't Enough)

Posts: 191 | From: Santa Monica, CA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2003 10:47 AM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tracy,

Why didn't I think of that? I knew about that... Sheesh... LOL! [Roll Eyes]

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted July 09, 2003 08:08 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tracy:
Guys, for those of you who want to take pictures but do not have a scanner or a digital camera (like me), a nifty solution is to choose the pictures put on a CD when you take them in to be developed. You get hard copies, and the CD ones so you can post them anywhere. Just a suggestion...

>^,,^< [Big Grin]

Great suggestion T!

I always like to see photos of my favorite bands taken by others, and this is a very easy way to do it.

I recently found out that Costco and places like that can now put pictures to CD as part of their in-store 1 hour service, which is great [Thumbs Up!]

Back in the "old" days (a few years ago) the floppy/CD service used to add a day or two while the pictures were sent to a lab [Sleepy]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 1 posted August 07, 2003 09:36 PM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Punkprincess.... My sweet home is in San Francisco (I grew up in Pleasanton and San Francisco) I totally wish they would play in the bay! There are so many people I want to bring to the shows but they live up there. I know if they saw the punks... well do I have to say more??

I wish there was a way we could put a show on and have say KSJO back us up? I am not looking for the $$, I just want the people I know to see the Punks!

Just wish sometimes I lived in SO cal... only to see the Punks.

Posts: 40 | From: Arizona | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2003 10:56 AM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...I'm on my way
Just set me free
Home sweet home" piano solo..

As much as I complain about the lack of quality music around here, I truly love the Bay Area. Although, once in a while I secretly wish I lived in So Cal just to be able to see some good shows on a regular basis.

KSJO wishes they could think of a good idea like promoting a Punks show. Heck, they could even get Sammy Hagar in on it. Now, that would be funny to see! I mean since he is a local and all...

The Bay Area has no idea what it's missing out on. I know that after my first Punks show I was totally hooked. I swear I need a twelve step program. [Wink] LOL! Damn you guys for ruining my life! [Razz]

--------------------

HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 6 posted August 08, 2003 02:33 PM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so hooked as well, actually, I just saw them Aug 1 with TNT. Both bands were great but.... I am completely jonesing for the Punks. I am totaly totaly hooked on this band. I guess the reason is that the mighty Van Halen (I say Halen not Hagar) is my favorit band of all time. Hell, Dave I learned about girls from Dave and I learned how to play drums from Alex. In addition, I can play every guitar part Eddie does!! ( Air guitar that is... [Smile] ) Since Van Halen is not more, the Punks keep it alive. I have seen VH many times that when the Punks play, They ARE Van Halen (Even though they say they are not, I don't think they realize how much they are). I have even played AP audio to others who know and Love Van Halen as much as me. I can totaly pass it on as VH live. When I tell them it's the Punks, the don't belive me that the audio is from a tribute. What kills me is that these guys should be playing in the Bay Area. I would love to try and put on a show for them up there.

I gota find out how to do it and get a sponsor...(Like Fake Fest) so that the Bay area will know who The Punks are. I have noticed though, last year they played more gigs then this year.. kinda scares me.

Any how... I guess I'll ne in Vegas to see the Sat night show.

As they say, "One hit of crack and you are hooked for life" well... instead of crack.. "one show of the punks, and your are hooked for life"

HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 14 posted August 08, 2003 02:35 PM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse the grammer and spelling... not supposed to be on the net at work
PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2003 03:13 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HeavyMusic:
Since Van Halen is not more, the Punks keep it alive. I have seen VH many times that when the Punks play, They ARE Van Halen (Even though they say they are not, I don't think they realize how much they are).

I totally agree. I have heard many people who were lucky enough to see VH live say that the Punks are almost like seeing the real thing. Unfortunately for me, I was only 10 when VH broke up, so the Punks are the closest I am ever going to get to seeing Van Halen.

As for the Punks actually playing in SF, there are a ton of venues. I don't know how good they are because I don't know shit about that kind of stuff.

I know that the Pound SF is down by the docks, i.e. scary area, but then again I think the Warfield is in a frightening area too and that's right on Market Street. Most clubs or venues tend to be in sketchy areas though.

I'm all for seeing the Punks in the City. It would be nice not to have to make a 3 hour drive for once. [Razz]

--------------------

HeavyMusic
Romeo Delight
Member # 262

Icon 6 posted August 08, 2003 03:23 PM      Profile for HeavyMusic   Author's Homepage   Email HeavyMusic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Pound is a GREAT club to see underground bands. Been there to see some very Heavy Bands before. Warfield though ROCKS! That's a beautiful place to see a show!!

Oh.. I know SF so well.... my old stomping grounds... PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PunkPrincess
Hot For Teacher
Member # 223

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2003 03:51 PM      Profile for PunkPrincess   Email PunkPrincess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I just emailed a few venues requesting that the Punks play at their clubs. I can only imagine what they will say.

--------------------

All times are Pacific Time (US)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks