Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Canes May 30th!

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Canes May 30th!
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2003 11:35 AM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who went last night?! I had a BLAST!!! Wow there were so many hot chicks there!

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

Jennifer
Little Dreamer
Member # 100

Icon 14 posted May 31, 2003 12:05 PM      Profile for Jennifer   Email Jennifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night rocked!!!

--------------------
"Sunflower"

Posts: 4 | From: San Diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jamis40
Little Dreamer
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2003 03:06 PM      Profile for Jamis40   Email Jamis40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was there for my fifth punks show (3 at Canes, 2 at Cajun House, AZ). Those guys are just unbelievable. They are electric on stage and can entertain the crowd like no other musicians that I've seen. Pyromania sounded pretty weak. I've heard them before and maybe it was where I was, but I've heard them sound better.
Ralph and Russ still cover Def Leppard songs much better on Wednesday's when they play as Metal Shop. I don't care if they have background tracks or not...the purpose of a cover band is to sound like and entertain like the original band...which is, in my opinion, the best way to pay tribute to them.

btw - i think Ralph was laughing at how poorly the lead singer of Pyromania was attempting to sing a Van Halen song.

[ June 01, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Jamis40 ]

Posts: 3 | From: San Diego | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2003 12:32 AM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I don't know I thought they were pretty good. The crowd seemed to like them a lot. They're a heck of a lot better than that terrible Def Leppard tribute I saw at Kozmos a few months back. They didn't deserve to be in the same building as Ralph and the boys.

[ June 01, 2003, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: vh_littleguitars ]

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

O'MARA
Little Dreamer
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2003 02:11 PM      Profile for O'MARA   Author's Homepage   Email O'MARA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vh_littleguitars:
Oh I don't know I thought they were pretty good. The crowd seemed to like them a lot. They're a heck of a lot better than that terrible Def Leppard tribute I saw at Kozmos a few months back. They didn't deserve to be in the same building as Ralph and the boys.

Hello. My name is Michael O'Mara and I sing for PYROMANIA. I wanted to thank all The Atomic Punks fans for singing along to all the songs and for participating with our show. We had a great time thanks to you! And, of course, The Atomic Punks were amazing as usual. We'll be opening for The Atomic Punks on June 28th at The House Of Blues in Anaheim. We're looking forward to it. See you then!!
Michael
www.defleppardtribute.com

Posts: 3 | From: Orange County | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted June 01, 2003 07:03 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jamis40:
...Pyromania was pretty weak, though. I've heard Ralph and Russ cover Def Leppard songs much better on Wednesday's when they play as Metal Shop...

Because of the lineup, I made a special trip from Orange County to get down early to 'Canes and was very glad I did!! I was VERY impressed with ALL THREE bands that night, and it was the best tribute lineup I had seen in a VERY long time, possibly ever (and I think I've seen quite a few tribute bands [Roll Eyes] ).

I arrived part way through the Pump set, and was blown away at how well the singer sounded (and acted) like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. The rest of the band was also very good. Next was Pyromania and it was my 3rd time seeing this talented band. They keep getting better and better. I like their selection of Def Leppard songs and they perform them well. And of course the Atomic Punks were awesome, as usual. I would gladly make an effort to see ANY of those tribute bands again [Big Grin]

I am personally glad when Ralph finishes the Ice Cream Man song, even though I am sure there are some audience members who look forward to that audience participation segment. Considering what happened earlier in the week at the Metal Shop show, I can't blame them if they didn't want to interact with some of those in the San Diego crowd.

This was a great night, and a great start for very fun birthday celebration weekend for 80sRockChick [Smile]

How appropriate that after the Atomic Punks mixed in some Def Leppard riffs during their set that the singer from Pyromania joined the Atomic Punks to help Ralph sing one Van Halen song!

Who knows when I'll have time to post my pictures from that night [Cry] but in the mean time here is one picture of Michael and Ralph on-stage:

-

[Bouncey]

GOOD TIMES!!

[ June 01, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: AlbertR ]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jamis40
Little Dreamer
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2003 09:50 PM      Profile for Jamis40   Email Jamis40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've revised my original message. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...I've been there, too vh_littleguitars.

I was there for my fifth punks show (3 at Canes, 2 at Cajun House, AZ). Those guys are just unbelievable. They are electric on stage and can entertain the crowd like no other musicians that I've seen. Pyromania sounded pretty weak. I've heard them before and maybe it was where I was, but I've heard them sound better.
Ralph and Russ still cover Def Leppard songs much better on Wednesday's when they play as Metal Shop. I don't care if they have background tracks or not...the purpose of a cover band is to sound like and entertain like the original band...which is, in my opinion, the best way to pay tribute to them.

btw - i think Ralph was laughing at how poorly the lead singer of Pyromania was attempting to sing a Van Halen song.

O'MARA
Little Dreamer
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2003 11:27 PM      Profile for O'MARA   Author's Homepage   Email O'MARA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
btw - i think Ralph was laughing at how poorly the lead singer of Pyromania was attempting to sing a Van Halen song.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Alright dude, we get your point. Pyromania sucks and The Atomic Punks rule! Are you that daft to think that I could even come close to the D.L.R. that Ralph does? Hell, I don't even think I do a "Joe Elliott" very well. What do you think of that? But I do have an undeniably good time singing the Def Lep songs and the crowd at Canes sure enjoyed it too. See you June 28th at The House Of Blues in Anaheim!!

btw- Thanks Albert. That's one sweet picture for the photo album!!

[ June 01, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: O'MARA ]

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted June 02, 2003 12:04 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes [Frown]

I am a HUGE fan of Metal Shop, but if you really want to get your Def Leppard fix, it is nice to have the option of seeing a tribute band perform more than the one or two Leppard songs that might get performed at Metal Shop [Big Grin]

To each their own, Jamis40. If you didn't like Pyromania, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but from what I could see at the show, the place was PACKED and a lot of the crowd seemed to be enjoying these hard-working musicians. Much of the audience seemed entertained as they sang along to the Def Leppard classics. The band kept things light hearted and fun, just like during the Atomic Punks set, but the Atomic Punks have been perfecting their "tribute skills" since 1994 and their musical skills for a lot longer than that!

I don't think Ralph would have invited Pyromania's singer on stage to laugh at him, so I am guessing that there was at least a little respect for Pyromania.

BTW, here are the rest of my Pyromania related photos

The Atomic Punks were certainly the highlight of the night, that is why they were headlining and why most of us where there.

Good times!

[ June 02, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: AlbertR ]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Elwood
Romeo Delight
Member # 210

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2003 03:15 AM      Profile for Elwood   Email Elwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Pyromania was pretty damn good. I'd see 'em again. Great song selection like Albert said, they even did "Rock Brigade" off Leppard's first record "On Through the Night" which I'm sure the real Leppard doesn't even do anymore. And personally I thought the singer hit the notes pretty well the fact that I was drinking heavily notwithstanding.

--------------------
Cowbell, I need more Cowbell!

Rawhide in "A"

Posts: 89 | From: 1060 West Addison, Chicago | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2003 11:12 AM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I think we can move on, there's no need to be bashing other musicians here. If you liked Pyromania, great, if you didn't, that's fine too, but let's not keep harping on it, it's counter-productive to the point of this forum.

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2003 04:20 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To each his own. I enjoyed all the bands that night, especially the Punks. Where else are you going to get that kind of entertainment for only $10? Besides, did you see all the HOT HOT HOT chicks there. I can't wait for the House of Blues show.

--------------------

Jamis40
Little Dreamer
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2003 04:57 PM      Profile for Jamis40   Email Jamis40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what, I was too busy looking at all the chicks there to really pay attention to the tunes. I shouldn't have made such idiotic statements that I don't even beleive myself and aren't even true. Perhaps I was just trying to stir something up and shouldn't have.
Pyromania has to be credited for their musical talents and entertainment abilities. They are the only tribute band of Def Leppard that I've seen around and they perform really well... the only evidence one needs was the energy from the crowd. And since there are so few DL tribute bands, it must mean that their music is not easy to perform. This is another testament to Pyromania for being so successful at it.
And yes, Michael, I was being quite daft as you put earlier. I've awoken out of my coma and am speaking what I feel is the truth.
Looking forward to seeing you guys in Anaheim. Best of luck to you all.

btw- nobody answered my first question about Metal Shop playing on Wednesday's in the month of June. Anyone know if they are still scheduled to appear at Typhoon?

Signing off...Jamis40

Jeff C.
Hot For Teacher
Member # 50

Icon 6 posted June 02, 2003 08:17 PM      Profile for Jeff C.   Email Jeff C.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Albert?? what happened at the last Metal Shop show?
Posts: 150 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 3 posted June 03, 2003 08:04 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamis & Jefff, the questions about Metal Shop are not appropriate for this particular forum, which is supposed to be focused on the Atomic Punks.

Besides, I wasn't at the last Typhoon Saloon show, I only heard about an incident from someone who as there. It wasn't appropriate for me to speculate why the Atomic Punks show seemed to be handled a certain way, I regret bringing it up.

This was a very fun Atomic Punks show, with a great selection of tunes (love Drop Dead Legs), hot gals and good times! [Thumbs Up!]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

O'MARA
Little Dreamer
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2003 11:28 AM      Profile for O'MARA   Author's Homepage   Email O'MARA   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jamis40,
I can't blame you, there were quite a lot of beautiful girls out that night! Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Pyromania has only been together since Nov., 2002, so we've got a long way to go before we achieve the professional show that the Atomic Punks put on. I hope you'll come up and introduce yourself at the H.O.B. show. No hard feelings, right? We're all here to celebrate the music! We'll see all you Punk fans on June 28th in Anaheim. Get your tickets early, I heard that the last one sold out.

Kinky Le Fun
Little Dreamer
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2003 02:27 PM      Profile for Kinky Le Fun   Email Kinky Le Fun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all!

I went specifically to see Pyromania (who ROCK, BTW) and am so glad we stayed for the Punks!
Ralph is just spot on! I really enjoyed myself and plan to sneak off to see them this Friday @ Kozmo's, [Quiet] and looking forward to it yet again @ HOB! [Thumbs Up!]

[ June 03, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Kinky Le Fun ]

Posts: 1 | From: Orange County | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snow_Baby
Little Dreamer
Member # 231

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2003 10:11 PM      Profile for Snow_Baby   Email Snow_Baby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I for one think that Michael is an awesome singer, the versatility in his voice is absolutely amazing, and best revealed in his original band "Talon", but to be able to sing also with a Def Leppard Tribute Band and manage to mimic the same sound that Joe Elliott brought to fame is unbelievable. He should be credited foremost for his versatility and I can only think anyone not appreciating his talents probably only enjoys the sound of one particular band. Your a wonderful singer Michael, and the band sounds excellent [Smile] (Smudgie)
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2003 11:33 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

Now let's talk about the Punks and those hot chicks at the show!!!!

--------------------

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks