Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Traveling Punks shows!

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Traveling Punks shows!
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 08:44 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone in AZ or MN tell us what a Punks show is like out of state? I'd love to hear what goes on outside CA [Smile]

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2003 11:09 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides their fans in AZ and MN, I know of fans who have seen them in HI, PA, FL and other places around this country [Thumbs Up!]

Besides seeing them dozens and dozens of times all over So. Cal, I've been lucky enough to have seen them personally many times in NV and even once in AZ [Big Grin]

The Atomic Punks always rock, and the vibe at their out of state shows is definately different. The fans aren't as jaded as their spoiled hardcore fans are locally, and they seem to be extra appreciative of this tribute band who makes the long trip to play some of the most kick ass music ever written at venues of all sorts of sizes.

It also seems like they are bringing back some good memories to the old timers, even more so than the LA crowd who may have seen Ralph or the others in LA Guns, Metal Shop or their other bands [Devil]

Anyway, good question, and I hope to hear from others, especially those who have seen them both locally in So. Cal and in an out-of-state show [Cool]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jenn
Romeo Delight
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 09:55 AM      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw 'em in Vegas and I got to say I was disappointed. Not by the band (that would never happen) but by the venue.

While it's a nice club with a good-sized stage, Sunset Station does them the horrible injustice of placing tables all over the dance floor so that the audience is in their seats the ENTIRE show. [Irked]

It's a completely different vibe [Sleepy] than the energy and enthusiasm you get from the crowd when they're "Unchained" and on their feet dancing and singing along. Not only that, but the tables take up so much room that people have to line up along the back wall to watch the show since you're not allowed to stand directly behind the tables cause you'll block waiter traffic.

What's even worse is, directly following the Punks set, the house clears out the entire bar (including paying customers) to remove the tables for the following band. [WTF] WTF?!? Is it too much to ask to allow us to "Dance the Night Away" during the Punks set if the tables are going to be removed anyway? The way I see it, it would save them the time, money and trouble of having to clear out paying (and DRINKING) customers in between sets to remove the damn tables.

Sorry to rant, I love the Punks and just wish that Sunset Station would allow them to rock the place the way only the Punks can! [Thumbs Up!]

Posts: 79 | From: San Diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
playtone
Romeo Delight
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 02:05 PM      Profile for playtone   Email playtone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must concur with Jenn on this one....I've seen them several times in Vegas and I have the exact same "beef" with that venue. I've even recommended it to staff there - not that they give two cents what I have to say, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

Although, I should add that it won't stop me from heading my butt out their again to see the boys. :-) I'm all about it baby....I just wish they still had the later time slots because now it requires me to actually skip work on Friday in order to make it to the Friday show.

~Christy

--------------------
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss

Posts: 84 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2003 09:16 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey VH,

I just posted a reply to Jeff C. in Chicago in this same section about last Saturday's MN show. It's in this same forum, check it out! The Atomic Punks always tear the house down when they are here in MN!!! [Big Grin]

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted May 15, 2003 10:55 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, the table situation at Sunset Station...

I've seen them at 4 or 5 venues in Vegas, and although the sound, lights and stage are the best at the Sunset Station, the seating layout can definitely be a drag [Frown]

I've seen the band themselves get the tables cleared out, or most of the center tables cleared out, soon after the show has started (along the lines of seeking forgiveness afterwards instead of asking permission in advance), those shows were a lot more enjoyable!

I think the tables are there deliberately to keep the audience from getting out of hand (as mentioned, the tables are cleared from the dance floor for the other bands), it might not help that they band has the name "punk" in it (I always wonder when the House of Blues and Ticketbastard list the genre of the Atomic Punks as "punk" whether any hardcore punkers show up expecting a different kind of show [Roll Eyes] )

other things about the Vegas crowd are very cool [Devil] those people know how to rock, how to drink, and they are definitely into the entertainment!! ...the Atomic Punks are quite the party in that party town [Thumbs Up!]

next to the Whisky, Vegas is my 2nd favorite venue to see them (and for a while, before the move to the Sunset Station, it was my favorite venue to see them, because of the party atmosphere, cheap drinks and even cheaper women [Wink] )

yeah, the early closing for the following band (EVEN though I love the Spazmatics) is also a bummer... it does seem quite odd to start rocking at 7 PM vs. the midnight starts they have at most of their So. Cal shows... but you get two rocking music sets in Vegas, the cover charge is nominal ($5, and before that it was free at the Sunset, Boulder and Fiesta Station casions) and when I've been there, I'm in vacation mode with no worries about driving anywhere or being anywhere special the next day, etc.

Viva Rock Vegas! [Big Grin]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks