Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » question about canes show on 21st...

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: question about canes show on 21st...
JMJ
Romeo Delight
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2003 11:47 PM      Profile for JMJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can u get tix early for this thing or just be there at 8 pm? i don't wanna drive all the way there and not get tix..i know this is a small venue
Jenn
Romeo Delight
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2003 10:01 AM      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah you can, but I think you have to go to the Cane's box office to get them.
Posts: 79 | From: San Diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
JMJ
Romeo Delight
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2003 12:19 PM      Profile for JMJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol...well that sucks..oh well

what's a good time to get there for tix then? 8:00?

[ February 12, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: JMJ ]

Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2003 05:50 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, you'll have no problem getting tickets if you get there around 8, 9 pm. [Smile]
Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
JMJ
Romeo Delight
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2003 10:27 PM      Profile for JMJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool tim thanks.

thing is, it's at least a 2 hr drive and by the time everyone gets ready and out of work and onto the freeway..who knows how long it'll take and when we'll get there

hopefully it'll work out

thanks though bro

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 11 posted February 13, 2003 08:17 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their previous 'Canes show in Dec. did not seem packed or sold out at all. It is a fairly large place with several levels [Big Grin]

I've never had a problem with it being sold out (although there was a rumor that one night was sold out, it did not turn out to be true) [Roll Eyes]

Now that I've said that, watch it get sold out because of the recent Michael Anthony excitement [Frown]

Have you checked out the Official 'Canes website and called their box office about selling you a ticket and holding it at will-call?

Good luck, and see you at the show! [Thumbs Up!]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2003 01:00 AM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see it being packed due to the Mikey thing and having Van-f*cking-Halen and Def Lep on the same bill. Hopefully the Lep band doesn't suck. Anyone seen them? Is this the same one from Kozmos 'coz if is [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 10 posted February 15, 2003 11:57 AM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vh_littleguitars:
... Hopefully the Lep band doesn't suck. Anyone seen them? Is this the same one from Kozmos 'coz if is [Roll Eyes] .

I think the Def tribute at Kozmos was called Hystoria, which I thought wasn't that bad, just not very hit oriented. If you are as talented as the Atomic Punks, are a tribute to an awesome band, and have been together for almost 9 years, then you can get away with mixing in some obscure songs, but if you're not that kind of tribute band how you can be a tribute to Def and not play Pour Some Sugar on Me and Photograph? [Roll Eyes]

The Def band at 'Canes is Pyromania, and is supposed to be very cool. At least according to the drummer's wife [Big Grin]

Should be a good time! [Thumbs Up!]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2003 05:23 PM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, of course the wife of someone in the band is gonna say they're good. I wouldn't expect her to say anything but positive comments.

On a side note, J,J, I have shown up at Canes 20minutes before the Punks have taken the stage and been able to secure a ticket without any problems. You'll be okay, so don't worry.

Posts: 82 | From: San Diego, CA. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
JMJ
Romeo Delight
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2003 06:39 PM      Profile for JMJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
word

my fellerz are lookin forward to it

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 11:21 AM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlbertR:
quote:
Originally posted by vh_littleguitars:
... Hopefully the Lep band doesn't suck. Anyone seen them? Is this the same one from Kozmos 'coz if is [Roll Eyes] .

I think the Def tribute at Kozmos was called Hystoria, which I thought wasn't that bad, just not very hit oriented. If you are as talented as the Atomic Punks, are a tribute to an awesome band, and have been together for almost 9 years, then you can get away with mixing in some obscure songs, but if you're not that kind of tribute band how you can be a tribute to Def and not play Pour Some Sugar on Me and Photograph? [Roll Eyes]

The Def band at 'Canes is Pyromania, and is supposed to be very cool. At least according to the drummer's wife [Big Grin]

Should be a good time! [Thumbs Up!]

Even the Punks can't get away without playing the biggies. I didn't go to Kozmos but I did hear that hystoria was bad (it was posted here).

Now I want to hear this one too.

Of course, I will be at the Canes show. Can't wait to see Ralph and what the Punks are up to next.

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2003 11:33 AM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vince:
Well, of course the wife of someone in the band is gonna say they're good. I wouldn't expect her to say anything but positive comments.

On a side note, J,J, I have shown up at Canes 20minutes before the Punks have taken the stage and been able to secure a ticket without any problems. You'll be okay, so don't worry.

Thank you. I have never been there but just wanted to make sure I could get in.

--------------------

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks