Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Zakk Wylde Jams with the Punks

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Zakk Wylde Jams with the Punks
Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 11:42 AM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you missed the Whiskey show last Saturday, Zakk Wylde (Ozzy's Guitarist) got up and ripped through "Crazy Train" with us. It was one of the coolest things that has happened since I've been in the band. Some people give us a hard time for breaking out covers other than VH once in a while, but the Whiskey went nuts on Sat. I remember being 19 years old and seeing the "No More Tears" Tour at the Seattle Coliseum and then moving to LA and seeing them again at Irvine Meadows. I couldn't believe I was jamming onstage with him...what a blast!! The other guys seemed to have fun with it too. Scott and I are huge Ozzy fans, I'm sure he had as much fun as I did. Some of the guys from Rob Zombies band were there, as well as our buddie Ray Luzier...he left about half way through though.
To all the diehards....it pays to keep coming out all the time, you never know what's going to happen.
Peace..Joe
[Thumbs Up!] [Thumbs Up!] [Thumbs Up!]
ps....photos coming soon!!

Atomic Bass
Atomic Punk !!
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 12:16 PM      Profile for Atomic Bass   Author's Homepage   Email Atomic Bass   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1042488905.jpg
1042488955.jpg

thanks Jeff for the photos...

[ January 13, 2003, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Atomic Bass ]

Samantha#2
Romeo Delight
Member # 178

Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 01:01 PM      Profile for Samantha#2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so cool you guys! What a great opportunity! [Big Grin] Great photos too, Jeff.

~Sam

AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 14 posted January 13, 2003 09:55 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good times!

Definitely, some good times!

[Bouncey]
I saw Ozzy's daughter, and Ozzy's guitarist, both in the same night (different venues) while hanging with some cool fans & friends [Cool]

I've posted a link to Jeff's excellent photos on my page of VH/DLR links and if you look closely, you might find me in one of Jeff's photos, taking a picture of Jeff! [Big Grin]

My photos? Well, we'll see when I make time to go through them for posting [Frown]

Good times!

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted January 14, 2003 08:10 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atomic Bass:
If you missed the Whiskey show last Saturday, Zakk Wylde (Ozzy's Guitarist) got up and ripped through "Crazy Train" with us. It was one of the coolest things that has happened since I've been in the band. Some people give us a hard time for breaking out covers other than VH once in a while, but the Whiskey went nuts on Sat. I remember being 19 years old and seeing the "No More Tears" Tour at the Seattle Coliseum and then moving to LA and seeing them again at Irvine Meadows. I couldn't believe I was jamming onstage with him...what a blast!! The other guys seemed to have fun with it too. Scott and I are huge Ozzy fans, I'm sure he had as much fun as I did. Some of the guys from Rob Zombies band were there, as well as our buddie Ray Luzier...he left about half way through though.
To all the diehards....it pays to keep coming out all the time, you never know what's going to happen.
Peace..Joe
[Thumbs Up!] [Thumbs Up!] [Thumbs Up!]
ps....photos coming soon!!

WOW!!! Zakk is awsome. It's so cool that happened. I hope it was a blast. I love BLS and wish Zakk the best.

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

luvtohumpralph
Little Dreamer
Member # 186

Icon 6 posted January 15, 2003 02:29 PM      Profile for luvtohumpralph   Email luvtohumpralph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the best Atomic Punks show that i have seen yet!!!!
Looking forward to the next one!!!! [Thumbs Up!]

Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2003 05:40 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, this sounds like it was a killer gig.! [Bouncey] You guys must have been charged to see Zakk jam an Ozzy tune with ya. I'm happy for ya Joe. [Smile] Bet that was quite a rush man.

HOLY SHIT THAT'S ZAKK WYLDE!!!! [Scared] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Webmaster
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
vh_littleguitars
Romeo Delight
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2003 07:27 PM      Profile for vh_littleguitars   Email vh_littleguitars   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by luvtohumpralph:

Nice name, haha.

I am sad I missed this show now [Frown]

--------------------
"All my flavors are: guaranteeeEeeeEeeeeEeeeEeeeEEeeE.E.E.E.EeeeEeed, to satisifyyyyyyyy"

80srockchick
Little Dreamer
Member # 58

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2003 09:48 PM      Profile for 80srockchick   Email 80srockchick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was such an awesome show and to have Zakk up there jamming with you guys was the absolute freakin' icing on the cake. [Thumbs Up!]
Posts: 14 | From: NoHo, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 10 posted January 15, 2003 10:31 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay everybody, stop twisting my arm [Roll Eyes]

I've uploaded my pictures from that night and have added a link to the album on my VHD/DLR links page.

Enjoy, although I am pretty sure somebody else in front of me was able to get better pictures [Quiet]

These were definitely some good times [Thumbs Up!]

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
luvtohumpralph
Little Dreamer
Member # 186

Icon 6 posted January 16, 2003 10:06 AM      Profile for luvtohumpralph   Email luvtohumpralph   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vh_littleguitars:
quote:
Originally posted by luvtohumpralph:

Nice name, haha.

I am sad I missed this show now [Frown]

It was a great show!!! I am sad that you missed it to,.,.,.,.
As for the name.....He doesn't even know who i am.,.

www.zakkwylde.com
Little Dreamer
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2003 11:59 PM      Profile for www.zakkwylde.com   Author's Homepage   Email www.zakkwylde.com   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. The boss looks right at home tearin' it up on stage with the guys!

-Chad

[ February 05, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: www.zakkwylde.com ]

--------------------
Chad Dyer
Naturally Wired Web Designs
Ritual Seven/American Made Outlaw Clothing

www.naturallywireddesigns.com
[img]http://www.naturallywireddesigns.com/images/2003_banner.jpg[/img]

www.ritualsevenclothing.com
[img]http://www.ritualsevenclothing.com/images/iron7_newlogo_black.jpg[/img]
chad@zakkwylde.com

Posts: 2 | From: St. Cloud, MN | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks