Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » Atomic Punks Talk   » Atomic Punks gig at Canes in San Diego...

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: Atomic Punks gig at Canes in San Diego...
Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 7 posted August 07, 2002 05:05 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Atomic Punks next gig is this coming Friday at Canes in San Diego. Who else is going besides me? [Bouncey]

--------------------
Webmaster
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

Posts: 471 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
FabShadow
Little Dreamer
Member # 16

Icon 1 posted August 08, 2002 08:40 AM      Profile for FabShadow   Email FabShadow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...Maybe! Sounds like an idea...
Posts: 37 | From: Long Beach | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 13 posted August 09, 2002 01:11 AM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Top Timmy:
The Atomic Punks next gig is this coming Friday at Canes in San Diego. Who else is going besides me? [Bouncey]

I was gonna go (solo, too!). But, Staff Pro called me this morning (Thursday) and asked if I could work the circus at the Sports Arena from 4-12 midnight, so I'm stuck with that.

The wife and I are going to Cabo in October for the B'day Bash, and we need spending money, so we really need the hours. The Navy doesn't pay me now what it did when I lived in Japan. Plus, I have to be up on Saturday to work the circus again at 0930, so I know I'd be dead the next morning as well.

I was gonna record the show (audio) on MD, too, for some "frsh" music in my car. Oh well...guess I'll have to wait 'till next time. [Frown]

--------------------
51504VH

Posts: 82 | From: San Diego, CA. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jenn
Romeo Delight
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 09, 2002 09:36 AM      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top Timmy, this San Diegan will be there along with AlbertR, Christy and a few other Punks die-hards.

Hope to meet you! See you there!

Posts: 79 | From: San Diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted August 09, 2002 06:04 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I hope I see you all there tonight!!! [Bouncey]

--------------------
Webmaster

Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 4 posted August 09, 2002 08:26 PM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm still at home didn't go into work at the Sports Arena after all. But, I'm still not gonna make it to the Punks gig after all.

Any San Diegans here that have been watching the news lately knows about the rash of fires we've been experiencing lately. Well, the one that was in Tierrasanta today was right across the street from the back of my house.

A neighbor and myself were out on the hillside just over the fence from our backyard keeping the area, which was full of dry brush, as wet as possible with nothing more than our garden hoses. It got extremely scary. At one point, the fire came up from the canyon and I was able to see the flames clear as day.

Loni was in the house packing up anything and everything of importance and/or value she could into the van. Meanwhile, SDFD were out there, 16 engines in all, fighting it hard, all with the help of the new helicopter that's been added to the SDFD.

Well, with the exception of one fairly large burning ember that managed to make it across the street somehow (further down from where we were)and ignite a small area, nothing on this side of the street, which is all military housing, was harmed in any way. We did have some small hot spots that my neighbor and I put out, but nothing else. Had it not been for the new helicopter, there's no doubt, according the firemen, that the fire would've somehow made its way across the street and lit up the housing area.

I was scared shitless. We were able to feel the heat. That's how close it came. Now, I'm tired and smell like smoke. We were out there for about 3 hours just spraying water everywhere. I don't see how these firemen do it.

BTW, they seem to have caught the 2 teenagers that apparently set the fire. Sorry to have gone off-topic here, Tim. Have a good time tonight.

Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 10 posted August 09, 2002 10:36 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Vince, sorry to hear about that close call man. Thank god for the SDFD huh? [Thumbs Up!] Freaking dry as a bone out here. Seems that even an ant's leg dragging across the ground is gonna start a fire!

--------------------
Webmaster

Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted August 10, 2002 03:58 PM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how was the show? Any "Van Hagar" covers again?

--------------------
51504VH

tvright
Little Dreamer
Member # 62

Icon 1 posted August 11, 2002 12:59 AM      Profile for tvright   Email tvright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all..new here

I had a blast last night. These guys were great. I have more fun at tribute band shows than anything.

I got to get up on stage and give my rendition of "Ice Cream Man"

Very very very cool. No Van-Hagar

tv

Posts: 2 | From: San Diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
AlbertR
Unchained
Member # 31

Icon 13 posted August 24, 2002 03:04 PM      Profile for AlbertR   Author's Homepage   Email AlbertR       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vince:
So, how was the show? Any "Van Hagar" covers again?

No Van Hagar covers at Canes, although they tried to pull that sh*t the next day at The Whisky!

I was very clear in expressing my thoughts on the matter. I even got a "tell us what you really think" from a nearby friend.

Canes was cool. It was great meeting TopTimmy and his fiance [Thumbs Up!]

I also saw Timmy this past Wednesday at his very first Metal Shop! He looked like he was having a good time, and we were having having a good time until some guy tried hitting the high notes to "photograph" [Wink]

Anyway, in case it hasn't been mentioned here before: Top Timmy cooks, he's the king! [Bouncey]

(somebody had to say it eventually)

--------------------
---- Albert R.
albertr@albertr.ORG
atomicpunks.albertr.com/

Posts: 221 | From: So. Cal | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Top Timmy
Punk In Charge
Member # 2

Icon 12 posted August 24, 2002 08:19 PM      Profile for Top Timmy   Author's Homepage   Email Top Timmy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad Albert didn't name any names. That guy that sang the high parts in Photograph was a Joe Elliot clone 100%!! Freaking amazing when an average Joe steps up to the plate when a mic is shoved in his face. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Bartender, another beer! [Drunk]

--------------------
Webmaster

Vince
Romeo Delight
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted August 25, 2002 02:24 PM      Profile for Vince   Email Vince   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I've been meaning to get my ass to the Typhoon Saloon for a dose of Metal Shop, but working both jobs just has me worn out most of the time.

My buddy, Jason, who's at *every* Metal Shop gig, tells me that they're far better received there than they ever were at the Bitter End. I only saw them there several times.

I'd like to get them on video, and add it to my AP video collection.

--------------------
51504VH

Jenn
Romeo Delight
Member # 17

Icon 6 posted August 26, 2002 10:29 AM      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna agree with Alby on this one, Top Timmy rocks...or cooks, rather! Good times! I love watching first timers see Metal Shop, it reminds me why I keep coming back. Poison said it best, it's "Nuthin but a good time."

Speaking of first-timers...Vince! You haven't made it out yet? Being a Metal Shop regular since the first show at the Bitter End, I'm gonna guess that "Jason" is none other than Jason C. For those who don't know us metal-heads by name but rather by the songs we sing, he's the one that always sings "Crazy Train." Anyway, if you haven't made it out yet, make an effort, it's worth it!

Posts: 79 | From: San Diego | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks