Atomic Punks LogoUpcoming Gigs 
Nav Panel Home Punks' Calendar The Band Photos Audio Video Fan Reviews Merchandise Links Band FAQ Side Projects Contact/Booking VH Logo BottomNow In Hi-Fi Stereo
Atomic Punks Fan Forum

Search | FAQ | Forum Home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Atomic Punks Fan Forum   » The News   » The Band Seeks New Guitarist!

- E-mail Topic To A Friend!    
Author Topic: The Band Seeks New Guitarist!
Brett
Punk In Charge
Member # 1

Icon 14 posted January 10, 2006 10:11 PM      Profile for Brett   Email Brett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Atomic Punks wish to announce that they are parting ways with guitarist Russ Parrish. The guys would like to thank Russ for his years of dedicated service, and he will be performing with the band until a suitable replacement is found.

The band is looking for a highly-skilled guitar player who can replicate every aspect of Van Halen's music. Please be aware that there are other things about this job to consider apart from just image and playing, such as traveling, backing vocals, and professionalism.

All interested parties should contact the Atomic Punks at 818.415.5418. All audio and video audition tapes will be sent to:
Note:
Please send a video of yourself playing "I'm the One" and "Eruption". Make sure that your whole body is in the shot.

First Things First Music, Inc.
4523 Laurel Grove Ave.
Studio City, CA 91604

Meanwhile, The Punks are headlining at Paladino's, Saturday, Feb. 11th. Punks go on around midnight, so get there early!

Tickets are $12 at the door, and the first band hits the stage at 8 PM sharp.

Paladino's Address and Phone:
6101 Reseda Blvd.
Reseda, CA 91336

Tel: 818.342.1563

For more information, visit Paladino's web site at:
http://www.paladinosclub.com/

[ February 06, 2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Top Timmy ]

--------------------
Official Atomic Punks Web Site
http://www.theatomicpunks.com

Metal Shop
Little Dreamer
Member # 354

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2006 11:12 PM      Profile for Metal Shop   Email Metal Shop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way!!!

Where's he going?
And will he still be in Metal Skool?

WE'LL MISS YOU, RUSS!!!!!!!!

Posts: 7 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dan5150
Little Dreamer
Member # 438

Icon 9 posted January 11, 2006 10:35 AM      Profile for Dan5150   Email Dan5150   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a real bummer. RUSS is awesome and will be missed.

Gonna have to catch the 14Below show and see him rock one more time.

Best of luck to the band and the future of Atomic Punks!

\mm/

--------------------
Dan5150
"It's not if you win or lose, it's how good you looked"
-DLR

Posts: 34 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
wtrix
Little Dreamer
Member # 602

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2006 06:56 PM      Profile for wtrix   Author's Homepage   Email wtrix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way, i can't believe it. russ i wish you all the best and please let us know on your future endeavors.

have you thought about al estrada from "eruption"? it doesn't seem like they play very often, and he is a great player.

Posts: 1 | From: los angeles | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
vanhelen
Little Dreamer
Member # 611

Icon 8 posted February 04, 2006 11:52 PM      Profile for vanhelen   Email vanhelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sooo sooo bummed about Russ's leaving. [Frown] I am already planning my 30th birthday bash (I'm 27 now) and I have literally been dreaming of having the Atomic Punks at my milestone birthday. I love you guys. I'm sure the "new Eddie" will be just as good, but can you promise he will "adjust" his hair midway through his guitar solo?? This band is as close as I will ever get to seeing the original band (I was born the same year their first album came out, you do the math!) Please, Please keep the band up until at least September 2008!!

~Helen

Posts: 1 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
RacerXWebguy
Hot For Teacher
Member # 220

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2006 09:33 AM      Profile for RacerXWebguy   Author's Homepage   Email RacerXWebguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they're going to find out pretty quickly....

That "Eddie's" don't grow on trees. Not too many guys can play VH as effortlessly and flawlessly as Russ.

And lets not forget the "look"....Russ with wig....is pretty darn close.

--------------------
Regards,
Ken Hower
Racer X Webmaster
www.racerxband.com

Posts: 165 | From: Granite Bay, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
atomic
Little Dreamer
Member # 618

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2006 02:39 PM      Profile for atomic   Email atomic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this guy out for a replacement!! [Eek!] Someone, please show this to the guys in the band!!

http://www.jasonjosephphotography.com/hotforteachercover.mp3

Yamakazi
Little Dreamer
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2006 01:45 PM      Profile for Yamakazi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this Vintage looking Eddie

google video

google video

Posts: 4 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Yamakazi
Little Dreamer
Member # 620

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2006 02:11 PM      Profile for Yamakazi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one

Runnin with the Devil

Posts: 4 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific Time (US)  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Copyright © 2002-2016 The Atomic Punks